It's yet another special day today! (was - It is a special day today.

Old January 31st 18, 07:24 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Andy[_7_]

Default Malware on an Apple Mac? Surely not!

From what my mac friend have said it has or soon will.

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"David B." wrote in message
On 30/01/2018 07:39, Andy wrote:
You can get a virus or mal ware on a Mac just as easy as a pc.
In fact hackers have been targeting the new Mac os 11

Really?

I thought I already had THE most up to date OS - 10.13.3

When was "the new Mac os 11" launched?

--
David B.

Old January 31st 18, 07:28 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Andy[_7_]

I own a mac and have many friends who have the latest and gratest mac
computers and indeed one of them did get malware on his mac a well as a
virus so think what ya will HAWK who says he only owns pc's .

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"-= Hawk =-" wrote in message
web.com...
On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 02:39:21 -0500, "Andy" scribbled:

You can get a virus or mal ware on a Mac just as easy as a pc.
In fact hackers have been targeting the new Mac os 11

STFU, Andy.
Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

Old January 31st 18, 07:29 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Andy[_7_]

Will be soon its allready running on the android platform on i phones.

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"Lewis" wrote in message
In message Andy
wrote:
You can get a virus or mal ware on a Mac just as easy as a pc.

No, there are *no* viruses in the Mac. There are literally hundreds of
thousands on Windows.

In fact hackers have been targeting the new Mac os 11

There is no Mac OS 11.

--
Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it.

Old January 31st 18, 10:48 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
nospam

In article , Andy
wrote:

I own a mac and have many friends who have the latest and gratest mac
computers and indeed one of them did get malware on his mac a well as a
virus so think what ya will HAWK who says he only owns pc's .

bull****. any malware you supposedly had was because you were tricked
into installing it.
Old January 31st 18, 12:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 31/01/2018 10:37, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 18:54:06 UTC, David B. wrote:
On 30/01/2018 14:07, Mayayana wrote:

Thanks for sharing that tidbit, Mayayana.

It's titbit if you're British :-)

Seems your right! ;-)

http://grammarist.com/spelling/tidbit-titbit/

I expect everyone knew what I meant though!

--
David B.

Old January 31st 18, 01:40 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Doomsdrzej

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 06:16:42 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
wrote:

In message Andy wrote:
You can get a virus or mal ware on a Mac just as easy as a pc.

No, there are *no* viruses in the Mac. There are literally hundreds of
thousands on Windows.

Owning 85%-90% of the desktop market will give you those privileges.
Old January 31st 18, 02:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 31/01/2018 14:27, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 12:51:14 UTC, David B. wrote:
On 31/01/2018 10:37, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 18:54:06 UTC, David B. wrote:
On 30/01/2018 14:07, Mayayana wrote:

Thanks for sharing that tidbit, Mayayana.

It's titbit if you're British :-)

Seems your right! ;-)

Of course, how could anyone think any different

No way they could!

http://grammarist.com/spelling/tidbit-titbit/

I expect everyone knew what I meant though!

I would hope so, but when an american says ass I don't know whether they are refering to a type of mule/donkey/horse or the part of any animal where the **** comes out from.
Even more difficult when they call someone a ass hole.
And that's after living with 2 americans !

When I was at BRNC I shared a cabin (room!) with 5 other cadets.

TWO of them were Persian (Iranian). *We were training the enemy*!

--
David B.

Old January 31st 18, 02:46 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Paul[_10_]

Mayayana wrote:
"David B." wrote

| I have never had any problems with viruses,
| malware, worms or trojans on any of my Macs in all these years.

I haven't had any trouble on my Windows
boxes, either, and I also don't use AV.
Smug Apple fandom is not a protection. It
will only be worse in the future if Macs become
more popular. Like AOL, Apple does a good
job of protecting their users from needing to
have technical expertise, but it's not foolproof.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...sing-campaign/

Crooks Created 28 Fake Ad Agencies to Disguise Massive Malvertising Campaign

"the group exclusively targeted desktop browsers, ignoring mobile traffic.
The user's operating system did not count, the group going after Windows,
Linux, Mac, or ChromeOS users alike."

As usual, the big risk here is allowing javascript
in the browser. The second biggest risk is the
assumption that you're not at risk.

There's a list here.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/m...urity-3668354/

"scam software is managing to get into the Mac App Store"

It's a rather eclectic list, rather than being "themed".

The days of "purely destructive" viruses passed years ago,
and anyone in the business, wants to monetize what they make.

And the funny thing is, a general drop in Ransomware was noted in 2017.
Implying either the risk was too high, or the reward was too low.

Coin mining is the latest fad, as it's unlikely to lead to jail time
(unless you target a national supercomputer perhaps). Since at least
one kit allowed "doing it from a browser", it should be dead easy to
deploy cross-platform. Such a slow way to make a buck...

Paul
Old January 31st 18, 03:16 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Doomsdrzej

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 14:39:01 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
wrote:

In message Andy wrote:
From what my mac friend have said it has or soon will.

Your "friend" knows nothing or you misunderstood.

There is no such thing as Mac Os 11.

I think he's referring to iOS 11 which, as far as I know, exists.
Old January 31st 18, 05:35 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Jolly Roger[_2_]

wrote:

In message Andy wrote:
You can get a virus or mal ware on a Mac just as easy as a pc.

No, there are *no* viruses in the Mac. There are literally hundreds of
thousands on Windows.

Owning 85%-90% of the desktop market will give you those privileges.

Bull****. That stupid myth has been busted so many times it’s not funny.

JR