Sony P200 Problems - Under/Overexposure - Examples Included

Old March 10th 05, 03:51 AM

Default Sony P200 Problems - Under/Overexposure - Examples Included

I recently got a new Sony P200 7.2 mp. It takes awesome pictures, but
it takes so many bad pictures also. It does everything from over/under
exposure to blurry pictures. I have a feeling it has something to do
with the focusing of the camera. Are there any settings I can change
to prevent these problems.

Below I have three pictures. The first is an under-exposured pictures,
which I get very often. It is usually followed by an over-exposured
pictures. The last picture is finally the one I was going for - but
after about 5 bad tries. This is troublesome, because my Canon s400
didn't take as crisp of pictures, but was very very consistant. Take a
look below and let me know if you have any suggestions - pics of my
girlfriend w/ dog. You may have to copy and paste into a browser.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/DSC00205.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/DSC00203.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/DSC00207.jpg

Old March 10th 05, 05:30 AM
Scott W

The first one looks like the flash failed to fire

The second one the flash fired but is way over exposed, it almost looks
like it was focusing on the background and exposing for that.

Scott

Old March 10th 05, 06:41 AM
Jan Nademlejnsky

I have similar problem with "Prosumer" camera Konica Diamage A1. It produces
very inconsistent results. Very often it goes berserk, so I have to power it
off-on to reset it.

Jan

oups.com...

Old March 10th 05, 02:27 PM

The flash did fire on the first one, but it was very light - not much
flash at all. The second one was a super flash...it seems like it was
trying to make up for doing so bad in the first one.

This is kind of heart breaking, because this camera got such good
reviews and my old Canon s400 is 2 times the camera (so far). I"m
going to give it a few weeks to come around.....and if it doesn't it's
destiny is an ebay auction.

Old March 11th 05, 12:58 PM

Unfortunatlly I got it off eBay.

I took about 20 pictures yesterday, and it only did it once - so maybe
it was just the way I was using it. Thanks for all the help - the
links are awesome.

Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracketing

http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glos...cketing_01.htm

dpreview's Glossary & Learn has lots of useful information.

I couldn't find any HTML manuals for your camera at sonystyle.ca but
see "Using exposure bracketing" for my Kodak DX7440 [love it] at:

http://wwwcaen.kodak.com/global/en/s...00261toc.jhtml

Your camera should have similar features. Check your manual. Note:
multiple exposure modes like braketing and burst are "No Flash" only.

Best of luck,

Hap

PS: I'm really disappointed your new Sony P200 is not working well

for
you. I downloaded your three [3] sample photos and checked the EXIF
info. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary that would explain
what went wrong.

To me it appears that your new camera is not auto-focusing as it
should. Take it back to your retailer and get them to check it out.

If
something is wrong they should replace it hoping that "recently
purchased" is within the most camera shops standard 14 day return

time
limit.

On 10 Mar 2005 13:22:38 -0800, wrote:

What is auto-bracketing mode - what does it do?

paul wrote:
Make certain it's not in auto bracketing mode!

: - )