What would makers do without the horrible 1/2.33 sensor?

Old August 19th 09, 06:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Default What would makers do without the horrible 1/2.33 sensor?

Rich wrote:
Now mostly 12 megapixels. Out of 134 P&S cameras in French mag, I

The big cameras are too big for you, the small cameras are too small,
the expensive ones are too expensive and the cheap ones are too cheap
for you.

You're just an idiot troll.

--
Ray Fischer

Old August 19th 09, 11:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Timmy Two Thumbs

"Ray Fischer" wrote in message
Rich wrote:

Now mostly 12 megapixels. Out of 134 P&S cameras in French mag, I
think 3/4 or more had that crappy sensor. It is the commodity sensor
of the decade. Pure junk. No matter how many bells and whistles you
put on the P&S, you still end up with the same results.

The big cameras are too big for you, the small cameras are too small,
the expensive ones are too expensive and the cheap ones are too cheap
for you.

You're just an idiot troll.

Maybe he's a troll, I don't know, but he makes a good point. Where are the
APS-C compact digitals? Off the top of my head, I can only recall Sigma
making one, and that has a fixed FL f/4 lens.

Old August 19th 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Timmy Two Thumbs

Rich wrote:

Now mostly 12 megapixels. Out of 134 P&S cameras in French mag, I
think 3/4 or more had that crappy sensor. It is the commodity sensor
of the decade. Pure junk. No matter how many bells and whistles you
put on the P&S, you still end up with the same results.

The big cameras are too big for you, the small cameras are too small,
the expensive ones are too expensive and the cheap ones are too cheap
for you.

You're just an idiot troll.

Maybe he's a troll, I don't know, but he makes a good point. Where are
the
APS-C compact digitals? Off the top of my head, I can only recall Sigma
making one, and that has a fixed FL f/4 lens.

The new Sigma is f2.8 but fixed lens, fixed focal length cameras are
dinosaurs to most buyers.

I don't mind primes TBH, as long as I can change the lenses.

Old August 20th 09, 04:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Rich wrote:

Now mostly 12 megapixels. Out of 134 P&S cameras in French mag, I
think 3/4 or more had that crappy sensor. It is the commodity sensor
of the decade. Pure junk. No matter how many bells and whistles you
put on the P&S, you still end up with the same results.

The big cameras are too big for you, the small cameras are too small,
the expensive ones are too expensive and the cheap ones are too cheap
for you.

You're just an idiot troll.

Maybe he's a troll, I don't know, but he makes a good point.

That cheap cameras don't perform as well as expensive cameras?

Where are the
APS-C compact digitals?

Where are the dSLRs that you can fit into your pocket? Where are the
medium-format 30 megapixel cameras that you can buy for $200?

--
Ray Fischer