World's largest digital camera

Old September 5th 07, 06:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gautam Majumdar

Default World's largest digital camera

1.444 gigapixel camera

http://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press...mera-8-07.html

--
gautam
Old September 5th 07, 08:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_4_]

Gautam Majumdar wrote:
1.444 gigapixel camera

http://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press...mera-8-07.html

... although you don't /need/ a camera that big - look at this 2.5GP image
of Delft:

David

Old September 5th 07, 09:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

David J Taylor wrote:
Gautam Majumdar wrote:
1.444 gigapixel camera

http://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press...mera-8-07.html

.. although you don't /need/ a camera that big - look at this 2.5GP image
of Delft:

David

I don't think I want to download the whole image.... And if I did, I
couldn't display it. This is useful, how?
Old September 5th 07, 09:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_4_]

Ron Hunter wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
Gautam Majumdar wrote:
1.444 gigapixel camera

http://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press...mera-8-07.html

.. although you don't /need/ a camera that big - look at this 2.5GP
image of Delft:

David

I don't think I want to download the whole image.... And if I did, I
couldn't display it. This is useful, how?

Ron,

They provide software allowing you to fly around the composite image
examining areas which interest you in full detail. See:

http://triton.tpd.tno.nl/gigazoom/Delft2.htm

Cheers,
David

Old September 5th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

David J Taylor wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
Gautam Majumdar wrote:
1.444 gigapixel camera

http://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press...mera-8-07.html
.. although you don't /need/ a camera that big - look at this 2.5GP
image of Delft:

David

I don't think I want to download the whole image.... And if I did, I
couldn't display it. This is useful, how?

Ron,

They provide software allowing you to fly around the composite image
examining areas which interest you in full detail. See:

http://triton.tpd.tno.nl/gigazoom/Delft2.htm

Cheers,
David

Nice, any chance of picking up one of these on ebay.
Dave Cohen
Old September 5th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_4_]

Dave Cohen wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
Gautam Majumdar wrote:
1.444 gigapixel camera

http://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/press...mera-8-07.html
.. although you don't /need/ a camera that big - look at this 2.5GP
image of Delft:

David

I don't think I want to download the whole image.... And if I did,
I couldn't display it. This is useful, how?

Ron,

They provide software allowing you to fly around the composite image
examining areas which interest you in full detail. See:

http://triton.tpd.tno.nl/gigazoom/Delft2.htm

Cheers,
David

Nice, any chance of picking up one of these on ebay.
Dave Cohen

Nikon D1X (IIRC) and a few bits and pieces....

David