[SI] Mandate XLIII: Shifting Sands

Old November 19th 04, 04:19 PM
Bruce Murphy

Default [SI] Mandate XLIII: Shifting Sands

And this fortnight's happy fun mandate is as follows[1]:

Shifting Sands: From Beau Geste to Days of Our Lives.

I like the desert, but where else does sand rear its gritty head?
A focus, a theme, a backhanded reference.

Try not to get too much in your respective cameras, folks

[1] It's friday night here, all you lucky people in retarded timezones
can have it early.
Old November 19th 04, 11:07 PM
Alan Browne

Bruce Murphy wrote:

[1] It's friday night here, all you lucky people in retarded timezones

They must be real dumb in Hawaï.

Cheers,
Alan

-- [SI gallery]: http://www.pbase.com/shootin
-- [SI rulz]: http://www.aliasimages.com/si/rulz.html
Old November 20th 04, 03:35 AM
Al Denelsbeck

Bruce Murphy wrote in
:

And this fortnight's happy fun mandate is as follows[1]:

Shifting Sands: From Beau Geste to Days of Our Lives.

I like the desert, but where else does sand rear its gritty head?
A focus, a theme, a backhanded reference.

Try not to get too much in your respective cameras, folks

[1] It's friday night here, all you lucky people in retarded timezones
can have it early.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/shiftingsands, of course.

Sure! Now that I've moved out of Florida. I suppose a litterbox is
out of the question?

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old November 20th 04, 03:49 AM
Annika1980

Bruce Murphy wrote in
:

Shifting Sands: From Beau Geste to Days of Our Lives.

I like the desert, but where else does sand rear its gritty head?
A focus, a theme, a backhanded reference.

Try not to get too much in your respective cameras, folks

Oh yeah, NOW he tells me!

http://members.aol.com/annika1980/sandcam.jpg

Old November 20th 04, 04:58 AM
Colin D

Bruce Murphy wrote:

And this fortnight's happy fun mandate is as follows[1]:

Shifting Sands: From Beau Geste to Days of Our Lives.

I like the desert, but where else does sand rear its gritty head?
A focus, a theme, a backhanded reference.

Try not to get too much in your respective cameras, folks

[1] It's friday night here, all you lucky people in retarded timezones
can have it early.

Early?? We're five hours ahead of you, here in NZ. But, we've got till
next Sunday, so I guess it's ok.

Colin

Old November 20th 04, 06:08 AM
Bruce Murphy

Colin D writes:

Bruce Murphy wrote:

[1] It's friday night here, all you lucky people in retarded timezones
can have it early.

Early?? We're five hours ahead of you, here in NZ. But, we've got till
next Sunday, so I guess it's ok.

Then you're not in a retarded timezone, are you. You're in one of the
special ones who are more hours ahead of GMT than humans were ever
intended to go!

Old November 20th 04, 04:49 PM
Annika1980

http://members.aol.com/annika1980/sandcam.jpg

The view from that bunker says you are so screwed. Did you three putt?

I was walking back from the beach when I took that one. Besides, I don't
3-putt.

Old November 20th 04, 05:00 PM
Colm

"Annika1980" wrote in message

: I was walking back from the beach when I took that one. Besides, I don't
: 3-putt.

Maybe if you practiced a little bit more?

--
Colm

Old November 22nd 04, 12:18 AM
Sabineellen

And this fortnight's happy fun mandate is as follows[1]:

Shifting Sands: From Beau Geste to Days of Our Lives.

I like the desert, but where else does sand rear its gritty head?

And those of us who live in the Northern part of Europe, where rain is constant
and green grows even on the cement between bricks, what shall we do?