KONICA MINOLTA DiMage Z3...good???

Old November 4th 04, 11:19 AM
GolfNut

Default KONICA MINOLTA DiMage Z3...good???

KONICA MINOLTA
DiMAGE Z3 4.0MP
48x Combined Zoom

does anyone have this camera...do you like it?? what's the feedback??
compared to the Kodak DX7590??

tw
Old November 4th 04, 11:59 AM
David J Taylor

GolfNut wrote:
KONICA MINOLTA
DiMAGE Z3 4.0MP
48x Combined Zoom

does anyone have this camera...do you like it?? what's the feedback??
compared to the Kodak DX7590??

tw

You might also want to look at the Panasonic FZ15 and FZ20 which are also
image stabilised long zooms.

BTW: there is a new newsgroup where this and other ZLR-specific topics can
be discussed: rec.photo.digital.zlr

Cheers,
David

Old November 4th 04, 01:29 PM
Linda_N

"GolfNut" wrote in message
KONICA MINOLTA
DiMAGE Z3 4.0MP
48x Combined Zoom

does anyone have this camera...do you like it?? what's the feedback??
compared to the Kodak DX7590??

tw

If you search the messages here you will see a thread where Brian (Kilroy
something or another) talks about his and posts examples. He seems really
happy with his Minolta Z3 purchase.

With all the ultra zooms out now that have image stabilization at reasonable
prices it would not make sense to purchase a long zoom Kodak without IS.

Linda

Old November 4th 04, 03:39 PM
Kilroy_Woz_ere

"Linda_N" wrote in message
If you search the messages here you will see a thread where Brian (Kilroy
something or another) talks about his and posts examples. He seems really
happy with his Minolta Z3 purchase.

With all the ultra zooms out now that have image stabilization at
reasonable prices it would not make sense to purchase a long zoom Kodak
without IS.

I'll post something detailed tonight about my Z3 but at least I've finally
got round to having the same tag at work & home!

Brian, formerly known as Kilroy.

Old November 4th 04, 03:40 PM
Brian Sheldon

"Kilroy_Woz_ere" wrote in message
at least I've finally got round to having the same tag at work & home!

at least I thought I had

Old November 4th 04, 03:40 PM
Brian Sheldon

Old November 4th 04, 06:34 PM
Aerticus

Cool Brian (or ilroy)

I wonder what the comparison between the FZs and Z3 is?

Aerticus

Old November 4th 04, 07:19 PM
David J Taylor

Aerticus wrote:
Cool Brian (or ilroy)

I wonder what the comparison between the FZs and Z3 is?

Aerticus

Raises a good point! We need a test that objectively compares the
image-stabilisation on these cameras. How good is moving the CCD versus a
moving lens element, in the realisations we have today?

Cheers,
David