National Zonalism

Old October 7th 04, 11:43 AM
Donald Qualls

Robert Vervoordt wrote:

John Douglass and Pete De Smit can watch us and each other. Someone
else can watch jjs, Ude Lafing and the Wogster. Don?

I'm trying to watch everyone, here, on r.p.e.large-format and
r.p.e.medium-format, where Mr. 35 mm keeps dropping in stuff and getting
people riled up...

Since I have him killfiled, I only see anything he does/says when
someone replies, or he changes address (which gets him a new killfile
entry).

--
I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
-- E. J. Fudd, 1954

Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer
Lathe Building Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm
Speedway 7x12 Lathe Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/my7x12.htm

and don't expect them to be perfect.
Old October 7th 04, 02:32 PM
Robert Vervoordt

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:43:06 GMT, Donald Qualls
wrote:

Robert Vervoordt wrote:

John Douglass and Pete De Smit can watch us and each other. Someone
else can watch jjs, Ude Lafing and the Wogster. Don?

I'm trying to watch everyone, here, on r.p.e.large-format and
r.p.e.medium-format, where Mr. 35 mm keeps dropping in stuff and getting
people riled up...

Since I have him killfiled, I only see anything he does/says when
someone replies, or he changes address (which gets him a new killfile
entry).

Makes sense. Maybe this last push will finally put him out of our
misery without lethal consequences.

Robert Vervoordt, MFA
Old October 7th 04, 02:39 PM
Uranium Committee

Robert Vervoordt wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:11:28 GMT, Donald Qualls
wrote:

Udie Lafing wrote:

Art is depends upon paint, Moron. Petey Wanna Cracker?

Udie, like a strike or a boycott -- it only works if we all do it.

Don't feed the troll. When he doesn't get what he wants (which is us
paying attention to him instead of exhanging darkroom techniques and
information) he'll go elsewhere.

Meantime, you're helping him bypass killfiles, and making things worse
instead of better.

I never could stand it when I saw a group picking on orphans or
cripples, I have to say there has been a lot of humor generated here.
Perhaps there would have to be a tip of the hat to the instigator, in
that he has showed some grasp of a portion of the field. He is
persistent in his thrusts.

In the end, he is wrong. His crusade is to turn an overwhelming
majority, including real experts, against themselves, or, at least,
their former beliefs. Talk about a no win effort! I'd put my money
on Don Quixote first.

Beliefs? Then you admit Zonaziism is a belief system, not a photographic system.

The big problem for him and us is that he is so irrational in his
neediness that he can't get enough. Feeding him just makes him expect
more. So, starvation my be the most humane procedure we can apply
here. It will, at least, give him the option to cease and leave
intact, rather than get into some serious trouble down the road.

You do realize, of course, that I am on a crusade against Zonaziism.
Old October 7th 04, 04:27 PM
Donald Qualls

wrote:

Robert Vervoordt wrote:

John Douglass and Pete De Smit can watch us and each other. Someone
else can watch jjs, Ude Lafing and the Wogster. Don?

I'm trying to watch everyone, here, on r.p.e.large-format and
r.p.e.medium-format, where Mr. 35 mm keeps dropping in stuff and getting
people riled up...

Since I have him killfiled, I only see anything he does/says when
someone replies, or he changes address (which gets him a new killfile
entry).

Makes sense. Maybe this last push will finally put him out of our
misery without lethal consequences.

One can hope. I wouldn't miss him, but I'd hate to see any of us doing
time over his absence...

Old October 7th 04, 05:20 PM
David Nebenzahl

On 10/7/2004 3:43 AM Donald Qualls spake thus:

Robert Vervoordt wrote:

John Douglass and Pete De Smit can watch us and each other. Someone else
can watch jjs, Ude Lafing and the Wogster. Don?

I'm trying to watch everyone, here, on r.p.e.large-format and
r.p.e.medium-format, where Mr. 35 mm keeps dropping in stuff and getting
people riled up...

OK, that does it for me. Tell me this: who went and appointed you sheriff of
r.p.d. anyhow? I don't remember there being a vote on that.\

What is this, some Wild West town that you're going to ride into and clean up?
Give me a break!

Annoying as M.S. may be, his postings fall squarely under the category of free
speech. Until someone in the Dep't of Homeland Security declares those parts
of the Constitution null and void (any day now, folks!), I'm going to respect
them as such.

If you don't like what someone posts, there's a really simple solution, and
you know damn well what it is (and it doesn't even require filtering or
killfiles or any such).

Besides, what do you all think this is he the ****ing Algonquin Round
Table? The faculty club at the Rochester Institute of Technology? It's Usenet,
remember? The place where every idiot with an internet-capable computer can
post stuff. I think your expectations are just a wee bit too high for this venue.

And I must say that as much as I disagree with *most* of MS' rantings (which
can be condensed as follows: The Zone System is evil and demented; Leicas
rule; always use tanks and hangers to develop sheet film; and most
importantly, I Know More About Photography Than Any of You Assholes), I happen
to agree (ruefully) with his assessment that Photography is Not Art, and
therefore will allow myself to participate in exchanges with him if and when
he should post a suitably provocative and meaningful message.

--
Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a
really easy way: stop participating in it.

- Noam Chomsky

Old October 7th 04, 05:21 PM
Uranium Committee

Donald Qualls wrote in message .com...
Robert Vervoordt wrote:

John Douglass and Pete De Smit can watch us and each other. Someone
else can watch jjs, Ude Lafing and the Wogster. Don?

I'm trying to watch everyone, here, on r.p.e.large-format and
r.p.e.medium-format, where Mr. 35 mm keeps dropping in stuff and getting
people riled up...

Since I have him killfiled, I only see anything he does/says when
someone replies, or he changes address (which gets him a new killfile
entry).

Ah, yes, in true Zonazi style. Into the ovens with him! No argument,
no intellectual discussion (of which you are certainly incapable).

You prove my point.

You have neither integrity nor intellectual capacity.

Old October 7th 04, 05:22 PM
Udie Lafing

Donald Qualls wrote:

One can hope. I wouldn't miss him, but I'd hate to see any of us doing
time over his absence...

I've never relished picking on runts or social outcasts- Hey I am one
and I do maintain a sense of compassion_ and humor (most important). I
think I could be convinced to make an exception however. I any event I
suspect you will hear screams of agony from Ur-(OUR) anus commie, if
people post around his drivel. Never the less some will feel the need to
address him direct out of pity. Last year when it was suggested to kill
file him in unison a lot of negative feedback, seems like times have
changed. The question is, will it be for the better?
--
?
?
Old October 7th 04, 05:32 PM
Gregory Blank

David Nebenzahl wrote:

OK, that does it for me. Tell me this: who went and appointed you sheriff of
r.p.d. anyhow? I don't remember there being a vote on that.\

Geeze cool down there pardoner. Don has my vote (he he)

What is this, some Wild West town that you're going to ride into and clean
up?
Give me a break!

Annoying as M.S. may be, his postings fall squarely under the category of
free
speech. Until someone in the Dep't of Homeland Security declares those parts
of the Constitution null and void (any day now, folks!), I'm going to respect
them as such.

I agree, but Don is not saying kill file him (Although apparently he
did.)

If you don't like what someone posts, there's a really simple solution, and
you know damn well what it is (and it doesn't even require filtering or
killfiles or any such).

(Well its grade school-so stated simply IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE :-D

Besides, what do you all think this is he the ****ing Algonquin Round
Table? The faculty club at the Rochester Institute of Technology? It's
Usenet,
remember? The place where every idiot with an internet-capable computer can
post stuff. I think your expectations are just a wee bit too high for this
venue.

Well all know you have LOOOOO standards David,.....never the less YU OK.

And I must say that as much as I disagree with *most* of MS' rantings (which
can be condensed as follows: The Zone System is evil and demented; Leicas
rule; always use tanks and hangers to develop sheet film; and most
importantly, I Know More About Photography Than Any of You Assholes), I
happen to agree (ruefully) with his assessment that Photography is Not Art, and
therefore will allow myself to participate in exchanges with him if and when
he should post a suitably provocative and meaningful message.

I know, I know you were misguided at birth,...any way part of me
agrees,... And part says Don is a good guy worth listening to ,...
a quandary-Eh?

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old October 7th 04, 05:37 PM
Gregory Blank

Ovens huh;

To make light of so much suffering openly and
without sense of remorse. You truly are a piece
of human crap. Maybe you just need a good
shrink.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918