Photoshop and RAW Files

Old October 29th 04, 12:45 AM
nk

Default Photoshop and RAW Files

I have Photoshop 7.0.1 and I am trying to us it on Canon RAW files.
I loaded the Photoshop Camera RAW 2.3 update, but when I try to open the Canon
RAW file I get the following message:
Unable to use the Camera RAW Plug-in.
It is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.

I saw something about having to buy a plug-in to work on RAW files, but I could
not find where to buy the plug-in on the Adobe web site.

Can Photoshop 7.0.1 handle Canon Raw files?
If I have to buy a plug-in does anyone have a url that points to where to buy
the plug-in?

Thanks

Nath Kaplan
Old October 29th 04, 01:35 AM
Drifter

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:18:19 GMT, "John Doe"
wrote:

The standalone RAW plug-in is no longer available. So you will now either
have to buy Photoshop Elements 3 (which from what I have heard has dumped
down RAW support) or Photoshop CS.

Or get Adobe's RAW converter (DNG) and then something like
Breezebrowser that supports DNG.

Boy, a few more steps and we'd have a squaredance grin.

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."