STEVE KRAMER: A Photographer With Expensive Gear And LimitedTalent

Old July 17th 04, 02:56 PM
Fred Nurk

Default STEVE KRAMER: A Photographer With Expensive Gear And LimitedTalent

H. Huntzinger wrote:
Steve Kramer wrote:

"I" wouldn't have you believe anything. The rest of the world would
though... They check out the facts for themselves.

Checking facts? Its not been for a lack of trying:

Steves's July 5, 2004 post:
SK Au contraire. The ENTIRE MAGAZINE IS FREE to all who want it. It is
SK placed in all the hotels, guest houses, restaurants, Tourist
SK Assistance Offices, Travel Agents, etc., all over northern Thailand.

My July 6, 2004 response post:
HH So what's the URL address of this magazine with your 'free' advice
HH column?

Reply received from Steve to date: silence.

Does it have a url? Should we point out that its a magazine, not a
website? As far as I know, you would havta go to thailand to get and
read the magazine. That would rule you out I guess. Ya need to get away
from your keyboard and let the cumstains dry out a tech.

fnurk

You may wish to take a look at 'The Nation,' Thailand's second largest
English language newspaper, for this weekend's special report.

I was able to find a website for this newspaper, namely:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/

Using their search function, search terms of both 'Steve Kramer' and
'Kramer' returned the following, both for the month of July (All
Sections) as well as a maximum global search:

"Dear users;
The Nation's searchable database service is now available after the
improvement work is complete, with the information provided dated back
to year 2000.

No search results found

Please refine your search"

Which means that 'The Nation' has zero, nada, zilch.

You see,
THEY came and took my classes to find out for themselves. They were
impressed enough to write up a feature article about my classes and
photo safaris.

Translation: they came and as they left, they politely claimed that they
would write an article, "soon".

If it ever gets published, it will be on their website and you can then
cite it. Until then, it doesn't exist. Please let us know if it
actually does ever show up; I really would be interested in reading it.

Oh... and might also wish to read next month's issue of
"City Life" magazine. There will be a feature article complete with
photos too about my business in that as well.

Perhaps another promise of "soon come"? Again, we can't read what
doesn't exist. In the meantime, can you provide the URL of their
website so that if the article ever happens, we can read it?

Of
course, that's beside my photos being used for the other article about
the media trip up to the Thai/Lao border. Some people actually check for
facts before they post.

Yet another vague claim about some other article somewhere that at least
is in the past... Cite, please.

Afterall, I'm actually trying to check facts before posting a comment.

Oh, and don't forget the URL address of that online magazine that you've
previously claimed has your monthly 'free' advice column...

-hh

http://www.chiangmaimall.com/parkers/lamps.shtml
http://welcome-to.chiangmai-chiangrai.com/it_city.htm

Old July 18th 04, 02:08 PM
Fred Nurk

H. Huntzinger wrote:
On 17 July 2004 Steve Kramer wrote in reference
to URL http://www.gmorning.info/photo_vision.htm :

Checking facts? Its not been for a lack of trying:

No. It's been for lack of reading skills...

It's been posted many, many times during the past two months. That you
haven't seen it is a reflection on your observation skills and reading
ability.

Ignoring the day Steve wrote this, Steve's definition of "many, many
times within the past two months" is...

....exactly one original post.

June 5, 2004 http://tinyurl.com/5e7jj

Liberally expanding the search to "all time", there's:

Oct 11, 2003 http://tinyurl.com/5ul7y

....which brings Steve's total lifetime count of citations to this
website to a whopping two original posts.

Bull****!
Ive seen it more than twice myself and logged to it.

Hardly the accepted definition of "many" (let alone "many, many").

You will just have to wait for this coming weekend for the feature on my
business in 'The Nation,' and for the August issue of "City Life"
magazine for the feature article and photos of my photography lessons
and photo safaris.

As I said before, until they're actually published, they don't exist.

By the way, please show us the URLs to the magazines that publish YOUR
photos. )

Gladly, once you've provided the cite that makes it relevant.

Well, why dont ya show us YOUR photography skills. After all, if ya
wanna be a critic, ya gotta at least be able to do better than the one
your cricisen.
Im no photgrapher, thats for sure. Cheap cameras, expensive cameras, my
pix all come out the same. Nuthin to write home about thats fer sure.
Since I got me first camera when I was 10, thats over 50 years that Ive
been practisin. Still not perfect. At least steves makin a livin in
thailand doin it. I guess thats what your jealous of eh? Hes there an
your not! Is that it? Sure seems that way to me. I know, why dont ya set
up in thailand like hes done and show him where hes goin wrong! Hey, Im
sure hed like the constructive criticisem. That way ya wouldnt be
jealous of him no more and, get this, ya might even become good mates.
Remember, he said his door to his studios always open. Do you need a
grander invite than that?

fnurk

-hh