Nikon N80

Old December 5th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
mogh baba

Default Nikon N80

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:18:56 -0500, THO
wrote:

In article
remailer.net,
"N80 Man" wrote:

I have a wonderful camera with lens for sale at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...RK%3AME SE%3A
IT&viewitem=&item=260060257216&rd=1&rd=1

Not for long ... someone is sure to report you to Ebay and your sale
will be cancelled by them.

I visited the link:

" This Listing Is Unavailable

This listing () has been removed or is no longer available. Please
make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note:
Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear
on eBay."

Well done

Mogh

Old December 6th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
Carlos Moreno

Jeff R. wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...RK%3AME SE%3A
IT&viewitem=&item=260060257216&rd=1&rd=1

Not for long ... someone is sure to report you to Ebay and your sale
will be cancelled by them.

I visited the link:

" This Listing Is Unavailable

This listing () has been removed or is no longer available. Please
make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note:
Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear
on eBay."

Well done

Try this then:

Just plain old dumb curiosity, but: can someone explain to me what
on earth are you guys talking about?? (yes, I know what Ebay is,
but that's about it --- the original post is as far as I could
understand from this thread)

Carlos
Old December 6th 06, 06:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
scenic_man

THO wrote:
In article ,
Carlos Moreno wrote:

Just plain old dumb curiosity, but: can someone explain to me what
on earth are you guys talking about?? (yes, I know what Ebay is,
but that's about it --- the original post is as far as I could
understand from this thread)

Carlos

Ebay has a policy of canceling auctions that are advertised by spam and
posting to newsgroups where for-sale posts aren't allowed. When they are
notified, they cancel the auction.

Hunh? I thought that was the purpose of rec.photo.marketplace.35mm.

Hmmm. Looks like it got cross-posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
as well as to alt.photography.
I would think that was more an honest error than a flagrant violation,
if that group does not accept such posts.

Old December 6th 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
William Graham

"scenic_man" wrote in message
THO wrote:
In article ,
Carlos Moreno wrote:

Just plain old dumb curiosity, but: can someone explain to me what
on earth are you guys talking about?? (yes, I know what Ebay is,
but that's about it --- the original post is as far as I could
understand from this thread)

Carlos

Ebay has a policy of canceling auctions that are advertised by spam and
posting to newsgroups where for-sale posts aren't allowed. When they are
notified, they cancel the auction.

Hunh? I thought that was the purpose of rec.photo.marketplace.35mm.

Hmmm. Looks like it got cross-posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
as well as to alt.photography.
I would think that was more an honest error than a flagrant violation,
if that group does not accept such posts.

It's just like my bank....They occasionally make, "honest" mistakes, but
those mistakes never seem to result in me getting any extra money....They
always result in the bank getting extra money from me......:^)

Old December 6th 06, 11:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
Ben Brugman

It's just like my bank....They occasionally make, "honest" mistakes, but
those mistakes never seem to result in me getting any extra money....They
always result in the bank getting extra money from me......:^)

This is very true. All procedures in the bank which if gone wrong and
cost them money, are very rapidly changed into 'save' procedures,
which are save (for the bank).

When an error occurs where the customer reports the error because
of a failure of the bank, (mostly this is because customers only report
when it cost them mony), the customer get reemburst (quickly), but the
procedures are not altered. (After the reembursing no consequences are
taken, it isn't even discussed how to prevent these happenings in the
future. Except if there are multiple complaints).

Banking claiming that something is save, can be trusted that it is save
for them.

Old December 6th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
Pudentame

mogh baba wrote:
On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:18:56 -0500, THO
wrote:

In article
emailer.net,
"N80 Man" wrote:

I have a wonderful camera with lens for sale at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...RK%3AME SE%3A
IT&viewitem=&item=260060257216&rd=1&rd=1

Not for long ... someone is sure to report you to Ebay and your sale
will be cancelled by them.

I visited the link:

" This Listing Is Unavailable

This listing () has been removed or is no longer available.

Probably because the URL wrapped, just tack the part that goes
"IT&viewitem=&item=260060257216&rd=1&rd=1" on to the end of the address
you get by clicking the link, and the camera is there.

Don't know why eBay would cancel the sale.
Old December 3rd 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
William Graham

"THO" wrote in message
Carlos Moreno wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK%3AME S

--

Ebay has a policy of canceling auctions that are advertised by spam and
posting to newsgroups where for-sale posts aren't allowed. When they are
notified, they cancel the auction.

But why wouldn't an eBay listing be welcomed on rec.photo.marketplace.35mm?
Isn't that what this group is for? - To sell photographic equipment?

Old December 3rd 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
William Graham

"William Graham" wrote in message

"scenic_man" wrote in message
> [...]
THO wrote:
In article ,
Carlos Moreno wrote:

[...]

Mine gave me an extra $200 once....I said nothing about it....Then, months
later, when my account was close to being out of money, they discovered
their mistake and subtracted the 200 at the worst possible time for