How much did the Minolta 650si sell for?

Old February 6th 05, 08:45 PM
Melissa

Default How much did the Minolta 650si sell for?

I have a Minolta 650si that I'm about to try to sell, and forgot how much it
cost originally. I wanted to put the original price in my auction. It has the
date time option and panorama. Does anyone recall how much they originally
retailed for with the standard 50 AF lens?

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights: http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm
Old February 6th 05, 10:40 PM
me

"Melissa" wrote in message
I have a Minolta 650si that I'm about to try to sell, and forgot how much

it
cost originally. I wanted to put the original price in my auction. It has

the
date time option and panorama. Does anyone recall how much they originally
retailed for with the standard 50 AF lens?
--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights: http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm

I'm sorry dear we no longer discuss such things in this NG. Have you asked
your question in rec.photo.misc, perhaps you'd have better luck there?
Film best,
me

Old February 6th 05, 10:52 PM
Alan Browne-

Melissa wrote:
I have a Minolta 650si that I'm about to try to sell, and forgot how much it
cost originally. I wanted to put the original price in my auction. It has the
date time option and panorama. Does anyone recall how much they originally
retailed for with the standard 50 AF lens?

Not sure at all. However, if you price current sales on ebay it should
give you a rough idea ... there are 3 there that I can see right now.

Old February 7th 05, 02:57 AM
me

"Melissa" wrote in message
I have a Minolta 650si that I'm about to try to sell, and forgot how much

it
cost originally. I wanted to put the original price in my auction. It has

the
date time option and panorama. Does anyone recall how much they originally
retailed for with the standard 50 AF lens?
--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

Normally I consider any site with the word blog in the title an anathema
however I may well become a regular reader of yours. You've got a damn good
head on your shoulders.

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights: http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm

Those are fine words and noble sentiments. How tragic it is that the US
government is now the *worst enemy* that personal freedom faces today. Best
speed and best wishes on your worthy endeavour! You go girl!

Please excuse my gross error at not noticing that you have already
crossposted to rec.photo.misc as well as several other NG's. I am unable to
find an answer to your question but none of the auctions for your model
camera at ebay has the retail price listed so I wouldn't worry about it.
Don't give your camera away. There are several companies who buy used
cameras. Contact http://keh.com/ http://www.adorama.com/ or
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ and ask them what they will give for your
camera or what would they ask for your camera if they had one for sale. Good
Luck. Just curious but what camera are you looking to buy after you sell
yours?
Film best,
me

Old February 7th 05, 03:45 AM
Melissa

"me" wrote :

"Melissa" wrote in message
I have a Minolta 650si that I'm about to try to sell, and forgot how
much

it
cost originally. I wanted to put the original price in my auction. It
has

the
date time option and panorama. Does anyone recall how much they
originally retailed for with the standard 50 AF lens?
--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

Normally I consider any site with the word blog in the title an anathema
however I may well become a regular reader of yours. You've got a damn
good head on your shoulders.

Thanks.

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights: http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm

Those are fine words and noble sentiments. How tragic it is that the US
government is now the *worst enemy* that personal freedom faces today.

I wouldn't say the worst, I'd reserve that for N Korea, China, Al Qaeda,
Fidel...

But certainly far from the best friend.

And what about Bush's new catch pair; that he wants to promote "liberty and
freedom"? What's the difference between them? I heard Condoleeza Rice
repeating it recently too, and wondered; what's the difference?

Best speed and best wishes on your worthy endeavour! You go girl!

Thanks you.

Please excuse my gross error at not noticing that you have already
crossposted to rec.photo.misc as well as several other NG's. I am unable
to find an answer to your question but none of the auctions for your
model camera at ebay has the retail price listed so I wouldn't worry
about it. Don't give your camera away.

That was what I was afraid of actually. I think I paid close to $1000 for
the whole kit originally ( I have a big carry bag, Tamron 20-200 Aspherical
abd several other goodies ) and I'm shocked at how low the Ebay prices are,
especially when I just sold a beat up old 8080A suitcase microlab that
someone gave me for free, for $157 on Ebay.

There are several companies who
buy used cameras. Contact http://keh.com/ http://www.adorama.com/ or
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ and ask them what they will give for your
camera or what would they ask for your camera if they had one for sale.

My experience with people who buy used stuff, is that you can usually
expect 10 cents on the original dollar.

Good Luck. Just curious but what camera are you looking to buy after you
sell yours?

I'm actually into digital now, I picked up a used Coolpix 4500 ( yes, used
on Ebay for $330 ) which I just love to death, and Costco had a sale
recently for a HP Photosmart 7760, which prints awesomely on glossy photo
paper, so no more film developing waits for me.

And that probably explains why the 650si's are going for so little now.
It's a great camera but I suspect most people are just going digital.

Old February 7th 05, 02:45 PM
Wade-Saunders

me wrote:
"Melissa" wrote in message
[...]

Whatever you say "comrade"! BTW: cross-posting is a violation of
the rec.photo* Charter!

Old February 7th 05, 02:52 PM
Wade-Saunders

Melissa wrote:
I wouldn't say the worst, I'd reserve that for N Korea, China, Al

Qaeda,
Fidel...

But certainly far from the best friend.

You obviously can't recognize a friend, even when you're being
protected by one!

And what about Bush's new catch pair; that he wants to promote

"liberty and
freedom"? What's the difference between them? I heard Condoleeza

Rice
repeating it recently too, and wondered; what's the difference?

That's the problem with liberals; they truly don't know the difference!

Old February 7th 05, 07:57 PM
me

"Melissa" wrote in message
"me" wrote :
"Melissa" wrote in message
[...]

That's rhetoric for the unwashed masses.

[...]

Asking questions costs nothing.

Good Luck. Just curious but what camera are you looking to buy after you
sell yours?

I'm actually into digital now, I picked up a used Coolpix 4500 ( yes, used
on Ebay for $330 ) which I just love to death, and Costco had a sale
recently for a HP Photosmart 7760, which prints awesomely on glossy photo
paper, so no more film developing waits for me.

And that probably explains why the 650si's are going for so little now.
It's a great camera but I suspect most people are just going digital.

I get everything I could ever hope for and more from film so I'm sticking
with it.

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights: http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm

I have added you to my list of NG friends. Ping me here if you have any
questions about film cameras or film photography and I'll try to give you a
hand or hunt for an answer. Good luck!
Film best,
me

Old February 8th 05, 04:38 AM
jsmith

"Melissa" wrote in message
I have a Minolta 650si that I'm about to try to sell, and forgot how much

it
cost originally. I wanted to put the original price in my auction. It has

the
date time option and panorama. Does anyone recall how much they originally
retailed for with the standard 50 AF lens?

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

Talk about someone trying to push a belief off onto someone else !!

Old February 8th 05, 04:51 PM
Nostrobino

"Melissa" wrote in message

[can't help with the 650si pricing; as others have suggested, see what they
go for on eBay]

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

Zero interest in martial arts (I'm too old and lazy, and my self-defense
preference is a 9mm Beretta anyway), but I salute you for your views and
sentiments in general.

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights: http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm

That's pie in the sky, Melissa. Unfortunately, compiling things like
"Planetary Bill of Rights" will never be anything but the purest example of
wasting one's time. Even if you could get governments the world over to
agree on such a document--and you never will--you're still left with the
mess of judicial interpretation and rewriting.

Consider our own Bill of Rights. I'm gratified to see that you're a RTKBA
supporter, but that's perhaps the best single example of how constitutional
"rights" can be violated and dismissed by the courts, including the highest
court in the land. Our Second Amendment says that "the right of the people
to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"--but it is infringed all over
the place, and in many places (NYC being a prime example) the ordinary
citizen has essentially NO right to keep, let alone bear, arms. (Judges,
politicians, wealthy and influential citizens of course do fully enjoy the
right, as do retired policemen who are automatically given permits to
carry.) Where is the protection of this right promised by the Bill of
Rights? It doesn't exist. At most, the Second Amendment is a minor potential
irritant to people who would, if they could, do away with the right
completely. It protects nothing.

The Tenth Amendment doesn't fare much better either. It says that the
federal government has NO power not SPECIFICALLY granted to it by the
Constitution ("The powers not delegated to the United States by the
Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states
respectively, or to the people"). But the government makes and enforces
thousands of laws that flagrantly violate this principle. Where, for
example, does the Constitution give any federal agency the right to deprive
a person of the right to develop his own property because it may contain
some "protected species" bug? This is just one case in which the bloated,
self-serving and often screwball government has spun wildly out of control,
tramples on people's rights, and the Bill of Rights does not stand in its
way.

Ann Coulter is probably correct when she says that 75% of what the U.S.
Congress does is unconstitutional.

Meanwhile the U.S. Supreme Court has "discovered" all sorts of
constitutional rights and privileges that no one who reads and understands
plain English can find there. Take Roe v. Wade for one example. Now I can
see and understand both sides of the abortion argument, and I take no
position on that one way or the other. But for SCotUS to discover a
CONSTITUTIONAL right to abortion? Clearly there is nothing in the Bill of
Rights to support such a notion, nor any "right to privacy" either, beyond
the rights specifically delineated in the Fourth and Fifth Amendments.

Alas, our Bill of Rights has been steadily undermined by the very people
employed to defend it. Is there any reason to believe a "Planetary Bill of
Rights" would do any better than ours has? Or for that matter even as well?

N.