Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Old April 9th 18, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
dorayme[_3_]

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article ,
Ragnusen Ultred wrote:

Am Sun, 08 Apr 2018 08:58:41 +1000, schrieb dorayme:

Q: How much on-topic technical value have you added to this thread?
A: ?

None, I am ashamed to admit. You have there RU. And I am now just
speaking facts like you.

(How about this admission for further kudos on adulthood?)

--
dorayme
Old April 11th 18, 03:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
SMS

On 4/5/2018 7:14 AM, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Thu, 5 Apr 2018 10:38:50 +0100, schrieb David B.:

I'm not a 'techie' but if I *can* help you in any way, just ask.

When I did my apprenticeship computers used thermionic valves (tubes!)
so I do have lots of experience under my belt! ;-)

Much appreciated to find a fellow sentient adult on these newsgroups!

Most of us were trained in the days of vacuum tubes, and we were taught
how to back up our facts like intelligent adults should.
http://i.cubeupload.com/tWHyBq.jpg

LOL, when I was in college in the mid-seventies, they were using a
textbook from 1956, which was mostly about vacuum tubes, and had some
material on transistors. We asked the faculty to change textbooks and
they were happy to have an impetus to do so. Maybe they thought students
would be mad that there would be no used books available.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2190u4g.jpg
Old April 12th 18, 06:17 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Diesel

"Mayayana" news Thu, 05 Apr 2018 02:19:21 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

"Diesel" wrote

| WARNING!
|
| This is a classic David Brooks method of initiating with a future
| stalking victim.

Don't worry about me. I've seen his profound rudeness
in action and no longer read his posts.

A most wise decision.

--
Don't become the next David Brooks cyberstalking victim!
Visit https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php (10/10 WOT)
Old April 12th 18, 06:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
Diesel

Ragnusen Ultred
news rec.photo.digital, wrote:

Am Wed, 4 Apr 2018 16:59:14 +0100, schrieb David B.:

Btw, the asterisk emboldening doesn't work around *numbers* in
Thunderbird.

Hi David B.

I may owe you a sincere heartfelt public apology.

You don't owe David anything of the sort. Infact, you've been duped
by his come on snake charm.

However, you seem to be different from the average Apple poster
here.

I assure you, he's a technical halfwit on a good day.

What's *amazing* about you, which wouldn't be amazing for normal
adults, but for Apple users it's *astoundingly amazing*, is that
you actually provided a factual _reference_ in your posts.

He copy/pasted it from elsewhere.

What's /shocking/ to me is that you did *not* play that endless
game!

He's more into the stalking game variety.

So, kudos to you for being like an adult, and sincere heartfelt
apologies from me for assuming you were just another technically
incompetent Apple baby who could do nothing but silly semantic
games.

There's very little adult about David Brooks.

See the following link for more details, before you discover the hard
way you've encountered a dangerous online stalker.

Old April 12th 18, 06:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
Diesel

"David B."
Thu, 05 Apr 2018 09:38:50 GMT
in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

I'm not a 'techie' but if I *can* help you in any way, just ask.

Unless they need help with simplistic google style stalking, David,
they don't need you.

When I did my apprenticeship computers used thermionic valves
(tubes!) so I do have lots of experience under my belt! ;-)

None of which is IT related. Apple or PC.

Old April 12th 18, 06:55 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Savageduck
news.com Sun, 08
Apr 2018 00:55:09 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On Apr 7, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 07/04/2018 21:39, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Sat, 7 Apr 2018 15:50:12 +0100, schrieb David B.:

V nccerpvngr lbhe erfcbafrf - V'z abg 'cynlvat' jvgu lbh.

Perhaps we CAN be on-line pals after all, Ragnusen! ;-)

Yet again the 'Hosts' (moderators) on the ASC site have rejected
my post. :-(

It was about this:-

https://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlab...ligence/new-ma
cos-backdoor -linked-to-oceanlotus-found/

Here's what was actually sent to me by email:-

"We removed your post "New MacOS Backdoor - do YOU know about
such things?" because it was nontechnical or off-topic. We
understand wanting to share experiences, but these forums are
meant for technical questions that can be answered by the
community.

You can read our submission guidelines he Apple Support
Communities - Terms of Use

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-5952

We hope you’ll keep using our Support Communities forums. You
can find more information about participating he

https://discussions.apple.com/community/tutorials

=

Perhaps Apple software *IS* more vulnerable than Apple wants us
to know.

David, remove the cross post to rec.photo.digital. All of this
crap between the nymshifter, and you is off topic for r.p.d.. If
you want to be pals with him, see if you can take it off Usenet.

Followup set to c.s.m.s.

I've little doubt David is already trying to think of a way to
exchange personal contact details with the nymshifting individual. If
he's able to do so, expect the individuals privacy to be forfeit.
That's how David Rolls, as you learned.

Old April 19th 18, 12:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Ragnusen Ultred

Am Wed, 28 Mar 2018 20:07:22 -0700, schrieb Ragnusen Ultred:

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?

Update from the printers... the Mac Adobe Illustrator screwed up when it
read in the Window AI file with the fonts converted to shapes.

----- here is the email from the printer -----

We will figure it out. You don't need to do anymore.

When importing a file from an older version of AI into a newer version, the
layers collect information into what are called "compound paths". This
messes up what has been outlined somehow.

I can normally fix it, but the file from you has 10 layers of compound
paths, which is not normal. You didn't do anything wrong.

I hope to fix this file tomorrow for the guys to get the printing process
going.
Old April 19th 18, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Alan Baker

Bull****.

----- here is the email from the printer -----

We will figure it out. You don't need to do anymore.

When importing a file from an older version of AI into a newer version, the
layers collect information into what are called "compound paths". This
messes up what has been outlined somehow.

I can normally fix it, but the file from you has 10 layers of compound
paths, which is not normal. You didn't do anything wrong.

So it was the 10 layers of compound paths, not the conversion of text to
paths.

Old April 19th 18, 12:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Ragnusen Ultred

Am Wed, 18 Apr 2018 16:20:31 -0700, schrieb Alan Baker:

Bull****.
So it was the 10 layers of compound paths, not the conversion of text to
paths.

Hi Alan Baker,

*Are you technically competent with Adobe Illustrator?*

I'm not, but the printers are supposed to be.
I can only tell you that I gave them a perfectly good set of files.

1. PPT 2007 with entire "Roadgeek 2005 Series B" font set embedded.
file.pptx

2. That file, saved as PDF, with fonts embedded, using the official MS Office SAVE-AS-PDF Utility.
file.pdf

3. That file sucked into Adobe Illustrator CS2, & with fonts substituted.
file_after_embedding_font_but_before_converting_to _shapes.ai

4. That file with fonts converted to shapes in AI CS2.
file_after_embedding_font_and_after_converting_to_ shapes.ai

5. That #4 AI-shape file saved as EPS from AI.
file_after_embedding_font_and_after_converting_to_ shapes.eps

6. That #4 AI-shape file saved as SVG from AI.
file_after_embedding_font_and_after_converting_to_ shapes.svg

7. The download of the font set where the only font used was:
Roadgeek 2005 Series B

If you're technically competent, maybe you can explain why the printers are
telling me that Adobe Illustrator created the "compound paths".

If you're not technically competent, then you'll just say "bull****", which
is what all the Apple Apologists say when they are confronted with facts
that they don't like.
--
HINT: Nobody has shown *any* technical competence in this ng yet, and
certainly you haven't. Meanwhile, I only speak fact and I supplied all
Old April 19th 18, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system
Ragnusen Ultred

Am Wed, 18 Apr 2018 23:18:28 +0000 (UTC), schrieb Ragnusen Ultred:

When importing a file from an older version of AI into a newer version, the
layers collect information into what are called "compound paths". This
messes up what has been outlined somehow.

BTW, while it's a fact that the Mac Adobe Illustrator screwed up, it might
be the Adobe Illustrator and not the Mac that screwed up - which I can't
test and which wasn't tested - since we don't have a newer version of Adobe
Illustrator on Windows to test that out with.

So all I can state is the facts as they are presented to me.

I was hoping (beyond hope, as it turns out) that someone would be
technically competetent on this newsgroup - but there's zero chance of that
(which is why this thread was filled to the brim with Apple Apologists
bull****).

I've posted the same information to the adult newsgroup, where I expect a
solution or at least a technically competent explanation soon.

Thanks!