Colorstar Analyser question

Old October 18th 04, 08:32 PM
Nick Zentena

F.C. Trevor Gale wrote:
Greetings folks;

Whilst I have for years printed from colour negative with very little
intervention from an analyser, I did occasionally check for greys with
my old one, something of an antique. That got damaged by a water leak,
cause by the painter/decoraters clogging up a drainpipe just outside my
darkroom. So I was able to buy a Lici Colorstar 5000 to replace it, but

Which model? The 3000? 6000? Or do you mean the Jobo Colorline?

Nick

Old October 19th 04, 04:51 AM
F.C. Trevor Gale

Default Colorstar Analyser question

Greetings folks;

Whilst I have for years printed from colour negative with very little
intervention from an analyser, I did occasionally check for greys with
my old one, something of an antique. That got damaged by a water leak,
cause by the painter/decoraters clogging up a drainpipe just outside my
darkroom. So I was able to buy a Lici Colorstar 5000 to replace it, but
there is no instruction book.
Now I've just been in the darkroom experimenting with a piece of
straight negative mask, and varying the colour combinations using my
colour head controls, and I know basically the programming method now.
However it would be very nice to have some of the more detailed
functions explained, and therefore I ask if anyone else has (or had) one
of these and if there is a source for any references / instructions? If
someone has any, I'd be very glad to pay copying and postage and a
little extra to cover a bottle of wine (or developer!) for the trouble.
I've looked at most of the websites/resources I know of, but to no
avail.

Thanks, and my regards - F.C. Trevor Gale.
Old October 19th 04, 01:30 PM
Nick Zentena

F.C. Trevor Gale wrote:
Nick Zentena wrote:

F.C. Trevor Gale wrote:
Greetings folks;

Whilst I have for years printed from colour negative with very little
intervention from an analyser, I did occasionally check for greys with
my old one, something of an antique. That got damaged by a water leak,
cause by the painter/decoraters clogging up a drainpipe just outside my
darkroom. So I was able to buy a Lici Colorstar 5000 to replace it, but

Which model? The 3000? 6000? Or do you mean the Jobo Colorline?

Nick

The Jobo model was also made by Lici, as I understand it. The model is
5000, as I stated above.
My regards, F.C. Trevor Gale

The 5000 wasn't made by Lici. It's a Jobo product. If you ask Jobo they
might have a manual for you.

Nick

Old October 19th 04, 02:40 PM
Nick Zentena

F.C. Trevor Gale wrote:

The Jobo model was also made by Lici, as I understand it. The model is
5000, as I stated above.

You've got this one?

http://www.jobo-usa.com/instructions...ne_5000_00.htm

It's still online.

Nick

Old October 19th 04, 06:00 PM
Gregory W Blank

Nick Zentena wrote:

The 5000 wasn't made by Lici. It's a Jobo product. If you ask Jobo they
might have a manual for you.

Nick

Nick;

Your incorrect, the 5000 was made for Jobo by LiCi.
Lici has a long history of making analyzers, as well
as printing stations etc. Jobo just rebranded the item
like the 3000.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old October 19th 04, 06:31 PM
Nick Zentena

Gregory W Blank wrote:
In article ,
Nick Zentena wrote:

The 5000 wasn't made by Lici. It's a Jobo product. If you ask Jobo they
might have a manual for you.

Nick

Nick;

Your incorrect, the 5000 was made for Jobo by LiCi.
Lici has a long history of making analyzers, as well
as printing stations etc. Jobo just rebranded the item
like the 3000.

Are you sure? There are plenty of claims the other way in the google
archives. Some from Jobo USA. I thought that was how Omega got the Colorstar
line. Jobo came out with the Colorline [5000,5100 and 7000] leaving the
Colorstars without US distribution.

Here is the Jobo webpage on the differences between the 3000 and the 5000.

http://www.jobo-usa.com/faq/cl5k_vs_cs3000.htm

Nick