"Dscn" what camera/picture serial prefix????

Old August 7th 04, 06:08 PM
Phil Stripling

Default "Dscn" what camera/picture serial prefix????

"David J Taylor" writes:

Nikon Coolpix 995 and 5700 and others. I think the "N" is Nikon, and the
"D" is digital. "C" may be Camera, but the "S" has me beaten!

That's the filename prefix on my CoolPix, but I've forgotten whether it's
the 995 or 990 or some other 99x.

I never thought about it having a meaning, but Digital Still Camera Nikon
sprang to mind when I saw your post. I don't have a digital video camera,
so I can't compare file names. My wife's Canon digital cameras use IMG as
the prefix on file names. She has a Sony Mavica that saves to floppies, and
the prefix on those images is MVC. I think Mavica is a play on the acronym
MVC, but I don't know what MVC means.
Old August 7th 04, 06:47 PM
Crownfield

David J Taylor wrote:

David J Taylor wrote:
Can anybody tell me from what digicamera "Dscn" is the picture
serial prefix

Nikon Coolpix 995 and 5700 and others. I think the "N" is Nikon, and
the "D" is digital. "C" may be Camera, but the "S" has me beaten!

Cheers,
David

Second thoughts: Digital Still Camera....Nikon

and when my s2 CF cards download to the mindstor,

they are in DCIM/100_Fuji
the dimage 7 put them into DCIM/100MLT03
but sometimes into DCIM/101MLT03.

David

Old August 7th 04, 09:13 PM
Bowser

Doh! I missed the "n."

Never mind.

Old August 7th 04, 09:13 PM
Bowser

Doh! I missed the "n."

Never mind.

Old August 7th 04, 10:01 PM
Bongo Bob

john.paul asked:

Can anybody tell me from what digicamera
"Dscn" is the picture serial prefix

Nikon Coolpix 995 uses DSCN. Perhaps others.
The D100 uses DSC. Perhaps others.

Old August 11th 04, 07:02 PM
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Bongo Bob" wrote in message
john.paul asked:

Can anybody tell me from what digicamera
"Dscn" is the picture serial prefix

Nikon Coolpix 995 uses DSCN. Perhaps others.
The D100 uses DSC. Perhaps others.

Nikon CoolPix (at least this applies to the CoolPix 2100 model that I own),
also uses other variations of serial prefixes:

* RSCN####: Photo that was resized using the camera's in-camera cropping
feature.

* SSCN####: Copy of an original photo that was saved as by the camera as a
small picture (e.g., 640x480, 320x200, 160x100).