"Minox B "spy camera

Old July 14th 04, 02:00 PM
SamSez

Default "Minox B "spy camera

"Zebedee" wrote in message

"JeffS" wrote in message
The NNTP posting host resolves to the southwest U.S. Posted via Prodigy
and the sender address indicates the U.S. Therefore the first 3 didgits
are the area code and that traces to Houston, Texas. Not very tough
detective work.

Why should I bother hunting to find information when it should be clearly
presented in a posting. I have better things to do that hunt down every
single posting for its origin.

--
Yours

Zebedee

(Claiming asylum in an attempt
to escape paying his debts to
Dougal and Florence)

You need a detective to turn 7138613275 into 713-861-3275 ?

Sigh...

Old July 14th 04, 05:01 PM
Ron G

Here's what I could learn about this camera per an inventory of old
cameras archived on a University of Texas server. To quote directly:

Manufactured: 1958-72
Lens: Complan f/3.5, 15 mm 4-element
Shutter: sliding leaf 1/2 - 1/1000, B, T
Quantity Made: 384,328
Original List Price: $169.95?
Country of Origin: Germany
Film Format: Minox (9.5 mm cartridge)
This was the most popular Minox camera, and the first to include a
built-in meter. The image size is 8 x 11 mm, and the lens focusses from
8 in. to infinity, making it useful for copying documents. It accepts
films with ASA ratings from 16 to 640. There are also built-in green and
gray (neutral density or ND) filters. There is no f-stop setting, since
the aperture is always wide op

With this as background the seller's description is not far off the mark
and a lot of the back and forth in this thread is a waste of time.

NEWS wrote:
Minox B "spy camera, complete with original leather case, instruction book,
box, and lanyard/ range finder. The CAMERA is built-in with EXPOSURE METER
and is available in original new condition. This is the original set "MADE
IN GERMANY". If interested, please respond to for
photos. You can also call @ 7138613275.

Old July 14th 04, 05:33 PM
WhaleShark

Frank ess wrote:

Zebedee wrote:
"JeffS" wrote in message
The NNTP posting host resolves to the southwest U.S. Posted via
Prodigy and the sender address indicates the U.S. Therefore the
first 3 didgits are the area code and that traces to Houston, Texas.
Not very tough detective work.

Why should I bother hunting to find information when it should be
clearly presented in a posting. I have better things to do that hunt
down every single posting for its origin.

"Than". He means "than hunt down..."

You think so?

--

QUIPd 1.02: (49 of 679)
- Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill

Old July 14th 04, 09:04 PM
Ron Hunter

Sabineellen wrote:

If it's more modern then it's a piece of junk.

I'm not really familiar with the Minox B model, but i think "a piece of junk"
is way too harsh. Those cameras have their people, even if you don't appreciate
them.

I have had a Minox B since the early 1960's. I am sure that were I to
haul it out and dust it off, it would still take great pictures, just
like it did 40 years ago. Built like a jewel.

Old July 14th 04, 11:20 PM
Louise Bremner

Ron Hunter wrote:

Sabineellen wrote:

If it's more modern then it's a piece of junk.

I'm not really familiar with the Minox B model, but i think "a piece of
junk" is way too harsh. Those cameras have their people, even if you
don't appreciate them.

I have had a Minox B since the early 1960's. I am sure that were I to
haul it out and dust it off, it would still take great pictures, just
like it did 40 years ago.

My mother had one from about the same time, and I inherited it when she
died. The image quality was starting to deteriorate so I now suspect it
needed an overhaul, but it got stolen when my sister's place was burgled
so I'll never know.

Built like a jewel.

Indeed. There was a deliciously smooth whirring sound/feel as the dials
turned. The techniques I learnt for bracing that tiny camera while
pressing the shutter have come in handy later.

But it was a hassle getting that special film sent away for developing.

Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!