Olympus software install glitch..

Old December 26th 04, 09:36 PM
Stacey

Default Olympus software install glitch..

This is frustrating....

Trying to install the olympus master 1.1 software that came with my E300. It
gets to the point where it asks for name/serial number/country (like who
would steal this software anyway?) and it lets me put in name/serial number
but there is no country to choose from, it won't let me type one in or go
past this point. I tried it on both my faster P4 3.0Ghz and my P4 2.4Ghz
machines and both failed. I have my brothers 1.4Ghz athlon, it will install
on it and also installed on a 800 P3 machine. Of course when I emailed
olympus, they want me to call their support (sent form letter) which I'm
sure involves waiting on hold for an hour, talking to someone who is
clueless and probably want to charge me for the "support". They claim they
only support "preinstalled" OS's so I'm sure they are going to blame this
on it not being a Dell/Gateway machine.

WTF does this crap even have a serial number? The only reason I want to
install it is to deal with RAW files. Like someone is going to pirate an
image browser???

Sorry for the rant, spend all day fighting this, installed an extra drive in
my Linux only machine in hopes it would work etc etc... Anyone ran into
this and/or have some hints for a solution?
--

Stacey

Old December 26th 04, 10:27 PM
Fred

Give the boys at Olympus a call (888) 553-4448.
They are open today (Sunday) til 9pm ET.

Old December 27th 04, 05:40 AM
Stacey

Fred wrote:

Give the boys at Olympus a call (888) 553-4448.
They are open today (Sunday) til 9pm ET.

Thanx for the heads up, only had to wait about 30 minutes and the guy did
try to help. Basically told me to try simple stuff like empty windows temp
etc. Sent me a "install shield update" which did nothing.I 've gone as far
as another clean install of windows with only basic drivers and still no
luck. He said he would "escalate" my problem and see if they could find a
solution. Given this happened on two different machines running 2 different
OS's (and neither have ever been connected to the internet), I can't be the
only person with this problem..

Old December 27th 04, 05:48 AM
Ken Weitzel

Stacey wrote:

Thanx for the heads up, only had to wait about 30 minutes and the guy did
try to help. Basically told me to try simple stuff like empty windows temp
etc. Sent me a "install shield update" which did nothing.I 've gone as far
as another clean install of windows with only basic drivers and still no
luck. He said he would "escalate" my problem and see if they could find a
solution. Given this happened on two different machines running 2 different
OS's (and neither have ever been connected to the internet), I can't be the
only person with this problem..

Hi...

Meaning absolutely no offense, is it possible that it
won't let you go on to the third (country) entry because
you've mis-typed the serial number? Or not entered it
completely?

Just thinking...

Ken