Dropped Samsung DV 150 Camera--Now Getting "Zoom Did Not Operate Properly"

Old July 24th 16, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Dropped Samsung DV 150 Camera--Now Getting "Zoom Did Not Operate Properly"

Message upon sign on. I of course have tried the "reinsert battery, try again" fix multiple X without success. The Lens seems stuck in a slightly extended position.

This happened once before and I succeeded in fixing it by simply putting some force on the lens.

This X I have (in desperation) used max force to try to push back in (the perimeter of the outer lens seems crooked with slight impact marks from me dropping it...on cement of course!).

Im guessing repairing it would not be remotely cost effective but I'm reaching out to you folks in the hopes to get lucky with a simple fix.

In the alternative all I use a Point and Shoot camera for is to take regular photos and or videos easily postable to Social Media (Facebook, Instagram etc.) with a hopefully simple Wi-Fi feature.

Any affordable simple to use successor Make/Model of Digital Camera recommendations would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Temprock(at)hotmail.com
Old July 24th 16, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-07-24 21:13:16 +0000, said:

[...]

I would say that your assumption regarding repair cost is correct.
That is a three year old compact camera and probably could be had for
less than $200 in 2013. Today you could probably find a similar
featured camera from any of the manufacturers including, but not
limited to: Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Canon, Fujifilm, etc. for $180-$300.

I see that Amazon has Samsung's replacement for your camera, the
EC-DV180BPWUS for $160 if you are not looking for anything to do
anymore than you detailed above.

Savageduck