How many rolls of film did you shoot in 2008?

Old November 7th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default How many rolls of film did you shoot in 2008?

Picking up where Ric Trexell started ...

I've shot:

135 [35mm]: 4 rolls
120 [6x6]: 20 rolls

All E6 (Velvia 100, 100F, Kodak E100G, GX).

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old November 8th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

All 35mm
3 rolls of Fuji Neopan 1600
1 roll Kodak BW400CN
2 rolls Ilford XP2
2/3 roll Velvia 100F in camera now. :-)
-Jim

Old November 8th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Doug Jewell[_3_]

Alan Browne wrote:

Picking up where Ric Trexell started ...

I've shot:

135 [35mm]: 4 rolls
120 [6x6]: 20 rolls

All E6 (Velvia 100, 100F, Kodak E100G, GX).

When I stopped to add it up, I was actually surprised at the
volume - I thought I'd done SFA film stuff since I got my
first DSLR 18 months ago, but in just 2008 my usage
surprised me.
All 35mm, 36 exposu
B&W films (HP5, FP4, TMZ): 5 rolls
C41 films (Mostly Reala): 6 rolls
E6 films (Velvia / Sensia): 4 rolls (still not processed).
Plus 1 roll of HP5 and 1 roll of Sensia still in cameras.
This is a fraction of what I'd shoot before I got my DSLR
though - previously I'd shoot 1-2 rolls/week, so in a year
it would be somewhere around 70-80 films, not 15.
Old November 8th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Rol_Lei Nut

Haven't kept track, but aaproximately:

35mm
About 20 rolls B&W
10 Col Neg
15 Col slide

120
14 B&W

Always been a low-volume user....

Old November 8th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

So far:

35mm:
8 rolls of Fuji 160S
2 rolls of Agfa Vista 200
2 rolls of Delta 100
2 rolls (60 shots) of Fuji Eterna 500
1 roll of Kodak Supra 400
1 roll of TX400
1/3rd of a roll of Ektar 100 (new)

120 (6x4.5):
4 rolls of Velvia 100
2 rolls of Delta 100

70mm (6x4.5):
11' of Agfa Aviphot Pan 400

The 1/3rd of a roll of Ektar 100 was last Sunday. I was trying
out the film when a rollerblader brushed me and I bounced my F100
and 70-300mm ED off of a concrete sidewalk from a height of 5
feet or so.

The F100 is off for repair, but chances are at least even it'll
become a parts camera. The lens is a write-off. Given that I
was also packing a 17-35mm f/2.8 and a 105mm f/2.8 VR that day,
it could have been a lot worse.

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Cogito error zoom -- I think I dropped my lens.
Old November 8th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mark Thomas

Michael Benveniste wrote:
So far:

35mm:
8 rolls of Fuji 160S
2 rolls of Agfa Vista 200
2 rolls of Delta 100
2 rolls (60 shots) of Fuji Eterna 500

Well, that one caught my eye... I'd never heard of it, but a quick
search indicates it's a tungsten-balanced film..?
May I ask what you think of it? Any samples available?
Old November 8th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:05:56 +1000, Mark Thomas
wrote:

Well, that one caught my eye... I'd never heard of it, but a quick
search indicates it's a tungsten-balanced film..?

Yes, it's tungsten balanced. It's also a movie film, which means
it requires ECN II processing. I only know of a couple of labs which
still offer that to still photographers.

May I ask what you think of it? Any samples available?

Here's a writeup I did on it a while back. Did you want sample shots
or samples of the film itself?

http://webwhat.home.comcast.net/~webwhat/Eterna.htm

It's an interesting film, but in the situations I used it for a modern
dSLR is usually a better choice. But I like playing with retrotech
now and then. A few of those shots were lit with M2 flashbulbs.

Old November 8th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jurgen[_2_]

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 17:19:39 -0500, Alan Browne wrote:

Picking up where Ric Trexell started ...

I've shot:

135 [35mm]: 4 rolls
120 [6x6]: 20 rolls

All E6 (Velvia 100, 100F, Kodak E100G, GX).

Not a single roll of film.

Just 83 plates of 4x5 and 6 packs of polaroid as test shots!!!
Old November 8th 08, 10:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 8/11/2008 9:19 AM:

Picking up where Ric Trexell started ...

I've shot:

135 [35mm]: 4 rolls
120 [6x6]: 20 rolls

Crap, that's what I shoot in a third of that time...

let's see, so far:

120: 26 (mostly Astia, trix, Efke 25 and Acros.
I think I'm gonna add D3200 to these)

135: 32 (b&w various, Astia, Superia, Reala.
Astia is the main, superia 400 and reala have replaced
pro160s and I'm still evaluating which are gonna be main
b&w films. So far, xp2, trix, Acros and Efke or Panf are
prime candidates. Rodinal and DDX are the main developers,
gonna try xtol next with pushed trix)

And still got about 20 more rolls to go through between
now and Xmas. Just got a 100' bulk roll of trix for
a pittance: gonnabe used for xtol trials.

Just did a CLA of the Arax: was starting to get
a bit of banding, a sure sign it needs some oil.
Gonna go back to it soon, that Sonnar 180/2.8
and the Flekkie 50/4 are two of the best lenses
I've ever used, bar none.
Mind you, the F6 is one sweeeeeet camera...
Old November 8th 08, 10:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Michael Benveniste wrote,on my timestamp of 8/11/2008 11:45 AM:

The 1/3rd of a roll of Ektar 100 was last Sunday. I was trying
out the film when a rollerblader brushed me and I bounced my F100
and 70-300mm ED off of a concrete sidewalk from a height of 5
feet or so.

The F100 is off for repair, but chances are at least even it'll
become a parts camera. The lens is a write-off. Given that I
was also packing a 17-35mm f/2.8 and a 105mm f/2.8 VR that day,
it could have been a lot worse.

Oh man, that is such bad news. Any insurance?
Here is hoping at least the film didn't get lost:
that's the new Ektar, isn't it?