would you get bored of your own framed photos?

Old April 9th 10, 03:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

Default would you get bored of your own framed photos?

Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-04-08 18:13 , Neil Gould wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

I don't really care how you or others see it. I'll see it as "not
photography".

Then, it's a good thing your opinion doesn't matter much.

Alas, neither does yours. And that's a better thing.

Well the people running the High Museum in Atlanta called it photography
and says this on the page about the exhibit. Or is this just another
"hobby site"?

The person who created it said it was photography in the video they
played there. Maybe I should get the person who created this art to
contact you so you can clear this up? :-P

I think what would define this as photography is: It would not exist if
there were no photographic equipment.

Stephanie
Old April 9th 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

Alan Browne wrote:

I don't really care how you or others see it. I'll see it as "not
photography".

Then, it's a good thing your opinion doesn't matter much.

Alas, neither does yours. And that's a better thing.

Well the people running the High Museum in Atlanta called it photography
and says this on the page about the exhibit.

The person who created it said it was photography in the video they
played there. Maybe I should get the person who created this art to
contact you so you can clear this up? :-P

Go right ahead. I'm sure that that person can listen to a different
point of view. I have no desire to change anyone's opinion.

I think what would define this as photography is: It would not exist if
there were no photographic equipment.

I see the end product as the art presented and as such it is collage.
That the inputs are photos are just that: inputs.

Bend those images too far with post processing and montage and they
become something else.

eg: If someone builds a sculpture out of stones, it is sculpture, not
stone masonry.

I've seen a lot of "old fashioned" collage work using photographs and
other inputs (as does this fellow) and it was called "collage", not
photography.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old April 9th 10, 08:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

Alan Browne wrote:

Bend those images too far with post processing and montage and they
become something else.

eg: If someone builds a sculpture out of stones, it is sculpture, not
stone masonry.

But it's still stone. Carving it into a sculpture doesn't make it not
stone anymore.

Stephanie