DSLR Flip-Out or Angled LCD Monitor?

Old March 28th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Summer Wind[_2_]

Default DSLR Flip-Out or Angled LCD Monitor?

Do any DSLRs have flip-out or angled LCD monitors for waist-level viewing?

Thanks,
SW

Old March 28th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Recycle THIS

"Summer Wind" wrote in message
. ..
Do any DSLRs have flip-out or angled LCD monitors for waist-level viewing?

Thanks,
SW

They don't have monitors for shooting at all. The LCD is only for post-shoot
viewing. You have to (shock! horror!) use the viewfinder!

Old March 28th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Recer

"Summer Wind" wrote in message
. ..
Do any DSLRs have flip-out or angled LCD monitors for waist-level viewing?

Thanks,
SW

Therer may be one out there somewhere that does, but all DSLRs that I have
seen don't let you use the LCD for a viewfinderr. The LCD monitor can show
you a photo after it has been taken and written to the storage medium, it
can show camera menus, but it generally can't be used a a viewfinder. The
viewfinder mirrow is normally in the way of the sensor so no info can be
sent to the LCD prior to taking the photo.

Ron

Old March 28th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Yoshi

"Summer Wind" wrote in message
. ..
Do any DSLRs have flip-out or angled LCD monitors for waist-level viewing?

Thanks,
SW

The Olympus E-330 DSLR offers a flip-out monitor and live viewing
capability.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse330/

Yoshi

Old March 28th 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Falco Stellare

Hello Recycle,

They don't have monitors for shooting at all. The LCD is only for
post-shoot viewing. You have to (shock! horror!) use the viewfinder!

Perhaps a simple right-angle viewer could do the trick... ;-)

There are tons of them, very cheap, on Ebay; just purchased one for my D200...

I remember (tears!) those ancient glorious days, when I was able to remove
the original viewfinder from my jurassic Nikon F4s and install the vertical
finder at its place... Nothing to deal with the new, magnificent, powerful
modern digital monsters...

:-)))

--
Falco Stellare - DeepVoid
www.deepvoid.it

Old March 28th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Daniel Silevitch

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:36:43 -0500, Summer Wind wrote:
Do any DSLRs have flip-out or angled LCD monitors for waist-level viewing?

Yes, there are one or two. You need a DSLR with a live-preview LCD,
which is a rather rare beast. Olympus makes a few, the newest pro-level
Canon has that, and Panasonic's DSLR does as well. I think that's it. Of
those, without checking I think that Olympus is the only one that has a
model with a hinged LCD.

-dms
Old March 28th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Recycle THIS wrote:

"Summer Wind" wrote in message
. ..
Do any DSLRs have flip-out or angled LCD monitors for waist-level viewing?

Thanks,
SW

They don't have monitors for shooting at all. The LCD is only for post-shoot
viewing. You have to (shock! horror!) use the viewfinder!

UHm ... isn't Summer Wind a troll?

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old March 28th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Summer Wind[_2_]

"Falco Stellare" wrote in message
Hello Recycle,

Perhaps a simple right-angle viewer could do the trick... ;-)

There are tons of them, very cheap, on Ebay; just purchased one for my
D200...

Who makes them and which model did you get?

Thanks,
SW

Old March 28th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rich

On Mar 28, 11:55 am, "Recycle THIS" wrote:
"Summer Wind" wrote in message

. ..

Do any DSLRs have flip-out or angled LCD monitors for waist-level viewing?

Thanks,
SW

They don't have monitors for shooting at all. The LCD is only for post-shoot
viewing. You have to (shock! horror!) use the viewfinder!

You remind me of photo mag I read last year that said all Canon
sensors were full frame.
There are now THREE cameras that offer live LCDs, with one offering a
tilt-articulated one.

Old March 28th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Summer Wind[_2_]

"Yoshi" wrote in message

The Olympus E-330 DSLR offers a flip-out monitor and live viewing
capability.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse330/

Thanks. A flip-out or angled LCD monitor plus IS are two must-have features
for the photo outings I'm planning this summer. I'm thinking of picking up
a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50K or PowerShot S3 IS, two cameras with both of
those features and mega-zoom lenses, but I thought I'd explore the
possibility of a DSLR. If you know of any other cameras that fit the bill,
please let me know.

SW