Toe speed of TMAX 400 (was fridge and heat problems)

Old August 3rd 04, 12:17 AM
jjs

Default Toe speed of TMAX 400 (was fridge and heat problems)

"Michael Scarpitti" wrote in message
om...
"jjs" wrote in message

"Michael Scarpitti" wrote in message
m...

[...] What has this to do with Kodak
products?
[...]
No, it's not. It is based on observers' preferences, not dogma.

Hell, M.S., the observers is the consumer market who think that prints

of
Elvis on velvet are great.

You DO understand that commercial photography is to satisfy CLIENTS'
demands, not your own. right? DON'T try to shove distorted mid-tones
down my throat!

You like 'em and you don't even know it.

Old August 3rd 04, 01:03 AM
Paul Atreides

In article ,
"jjs" wrote:

"Michael Scarpitti" wrote in message

You DO understand that commercial photography is to satisfy CLIENTS'
demands, not your own. right? DON'T try to shove distorted mid-tones
down my throat!

You like 'em and you don't even know it.

& Since he's about as distorted as they they get, does anyone believe
he has the ability to accurately judge ;-)
--
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the
measure of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the
Old August 3rd 04, 10:15 PM
Michael Scarpitti

Paul Atreides wrote in message ...
In article ,
"jjs" wrote:

"Michael Scarpitti" wrote in message

You DO understand that commercial photography is to satisfy CLIENTS'
demands, not your own. right? DON'T try to shove distorted mid-tones
down my throat!

You like 'em and you don't even know it.

& Since he's about as distorted as they they get, does anyone believe
he has the ability to accurately judge ;-)

Not responsive.

Old August 4th 04, 05:21 PM
Frank Pittel

Michael Scarpitti wrote:
: : Michael Scarpitti wrote:
: : : Frank Pittel wrote in message ...
: : : Michael Scarpitti wrote:
: : : : Peter De Smidt pdesmidt*no*spam*@tds.*net* wrote in message ...
: : : : Frank Pittel wrote:
: : : :
: : : :
: : : : To bad scarpitti doesn't believe in contration. His advice earlier in the thread is to
: : : : not worry about the contrast of the scene and simply let the highlights blow out.
: : : :
: : : :
: : : :
: : : : That's not exactly fair. MS advocates using an 's' curved film with
: : : : 'compensating' development.
:
: : : : This is simply what Kodak advocates. I merely pass it along.
: : :
: : : Kodak also advises developing a negative so that it prints with well on grade 2 paper.
:
: : : Sheet film, perhaps...
: :
: : Nice try. The book from Kodak makes no mention of format or film type.
:
: : They mean sheet film, dammit!
:
: I just took a closer look at the instructions for the "ringaround" test they suggest
: for determining effective film speed and development time. The only time it mentions
: a film format is on page 22 (second printing, 2000) in the third column. I quote "With
: roll films, use a different roll for each column of the chart. Clearly they don't mean
: that the process is or should be limited to sheet film.
:
: I also note that on page 14 of the same book in the second column under the heading of
: "contrast" I found the following "Negative with the correct contrast range will produce
: good quality prints on normal contrast (grade 2) paper with your equipment".
:
: I then went to page 24 of the same book and found the following at the top of the
: second column under the heading "Adjusting Development to Scene Contrast (Luminance
: Range):", "If you photograph a scene with higher or lower contrast then the scene you
: used for your ringaround test, you can change the development time to adjust the
: negative contrast so that the negative will print well on a normal-contrast paper and
: provide improved tone reproduction."
:
: It looks as if scarpitti thinks he knows more about B&W film processing then Kodak!!

Dribble posted by scarpitti deleted

I'll assume that the reason you felt a need to change the subject as an admission on
your part that you've been proven to be wrong. We can also take as a claim tht you feel
you know more then Kodak about film processing.

-------------------

Old September 12th 04, 03:05 PM
Peter

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:54:33 -0500, Frank Pittel
wrote:

I have come to think of scarpitti as a form of entertainment and his posts are worth
reading for laughs. With him the key is not to take him seriously. Just think back to
last year and the images he put on his website

I think of the Usenet as a global village. Every village has its
village idiot ...

Peter
Old September 12th 04, 08:12 PM
Uranium Committee

wrote:

I have come to think of scarpitti as a form of entertainment and his posts are worth
reading for laughs. With him the key is not to take him seriously. Just think back to
last year and the images he put on his website

I think of the Usenet as a global village. Every village has its
village idiot ...

Peter

Frank Pittel, perhaps?

I know more about B&W 35mm photography than almost anyone on the planet.
Old September 13th 04, 01:19 AM
Frank Pittel

Uranium Committee wrote:

: I know more about B&W 35mm photography than almost anyone on the planet.

What happened scarpitti?? Did yahoo lock your account?

Old September 13th 04, 04:17 PM
jjs

"Uranium Committee" wrote in message
om...

I know more about B&W 35mm photography than almost anyone on the planet.

WHAT PLANET?