Sony DSC T1 or Olympus C770

Old July 23rd 04, 02:20 PM
Mariusz Brzoska

Default Sony DSC T1 or Olympus C770

Which camera choose?

I've read the Sony slimest camera has poor pictures quality.
Is that true?

Maybe there is another slim camera worth considering?

Olympus is very good but sometimes I need to take it
to my pocket, for example if I'm snowbording. It would
be difficult to take regular camera like C770.

What would you advice?
Take small, compact camera or bigger, but good quality?

Thanks in advance

Old July 23rd 04, 04:29 PM
Bob Salomon

In article ,
"Mariusz Brzoska" wrote:

Which camera choose?

I've read the Sony slimest camera has poor pictures quality.
Is that true?

Maybe there is another slim camera worth considering?

Olympus is very good but sometimes I need to take it
to my pocket, for example if I'm snowbording. It would
be difficult to take regular camera like C770.

What would you advice?
Take small, compact camera or bigger, but good quality?

Thanks in advance

I have the T1. Excellent images once you realize that you must hold the
camera steady. Since there is no viewfinder you end up using it with
your arms more extended to view the LCD. Once you get the knack works
fine.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Old July 23rd 04, 07:54 PM
Martin Francis

"Mariusz Brzoska" wrote in message
Which camera choose?

I've read the Sony slimest camera has poor pictures quality.
Is that true?

Not really. For snaps, the T1 is ideal- and remarkable as a feat of design
more than anything. I don't see how you'd get on with a C770 whilst
snowboarding.

My personal choice would be a Mju II :-)

But then again, I wouldn't be the one on the board...

no, and yes...."

Old July 23rd 04, 09:10 PM
Toke Eskildsen

Mariusz Brzoska wrote:

I've read the Sony slimest camera has poor pictures quality.
Is that true?

Depends. I have one and I find that it takes (relative to its small
size) excellent pictures if there is light enough. I owned a Kyocera
SL400R before that and I find T1 has a lot less noise.

Indoor and poor lightning is another matter: The flash is tiny and the
camera isn't very light sensitive, so most of my pictures in such
settings are of low quality. Besides, the position of the flash means
red eyes.

You're welcome to contact me privately, if you want to see everyday
pictures taken with the camera.

Olympus is very good but sometimes I need to take it
to my pocket, for example if I'm snowbording.

That seems to call for snappy picturetaking. The T1 has very low
startup time and autofocus time. It also has a "Take pictures of people
in the snow"-mode, but I haven't tried that.

The T1 is capable of producing surprisingly (at least for me) fine
movies, although best quality takes about 1MB/sec. Snowboarding sounds
like ample opportunity for small clips.

Olympus mju 400 (and probably others) are small enough to put in your
jacket pocket and they are dust- and water-resistant. It you're an
outdoor type, that might be worth it to consider?

What would you advice?
Take small, compact camera or bigger, but good quality?

Only you can answer that.