What is a good CF card for Nikon D70?

Old October 25th 04, 10:28 PM
Andrew

Default What is a good CF card for Nikon D70?

Local Fry's has been selling a 40X 1GB at a total cost about $70
fater rebate. Should I try to get the 80X card? Can the D70 utilize
the Lexar WA technology?

What about the other CF cards? Thanks.

Old October 25th 04, 11:13 PM
DDDD

I just ordered a SanDisk 1 gig Ultra II from ecost. I paid $87 and get a
$15 mail-in rebate. I have a Lexar 40X CF card that is supposed to be fast,
but it is only about 1 second faster than a standard Viking CF on reading
and writing about 200 mb. Both cards are 256Mb. The SanDisk Ultra II is
supposed to be fast. I no longer trust Lexars 40x and 80x claims.

DDDD

Old October 25th 04, 11:35 PM
Andrew

So WA does not do anything with D70?

How is the Microdrive?

. com...

Old October 25th 04, 11:52 PM
Robert Barr

Andrew wrote:

So WA does not do anything with D70?

The D70 isn't on their list. That's why I left the link. If it
supported the WA, it's a safe bet Lexar would put it up there pronto, to
sell more cards.

It's still not a bad price for a 1 GB of any brand.

Old October 26th 04, 12:25 AM
George

Andrew wrote:

So WA does not do anything with D70?

The D70 isn't on their list. That's why I left the link. If it
supported the WA, it's a safe bet Lexar would put it up there pronto, to
sell more cards.

It's still not a bad price for a 1 GB of any brand.

I didn't know if that was how to read it or not...the D2H came out before
the
D70 and the D2H is the latest camera (at least from Nikon, I really haven't
made
much attention when other models came out) on the list. Don't know if that
means
nothing special happens with the D70 or if it is just too new to be on their
list. BTW,
you can get the 40X Lexar 1GB from ecost for about $52 after $30 rebate.

Old October 26th 04, 01:15 AM
Charlie Self

Robert Barr notes:

The D70 isn't on their list. That's why I left the link. If it
supported the WA, it's a safe bet Lexar would put it up there pronto, to
sell more cards.

It's still not a bad price for a 1 GB of any brand.

I noted New Egg had the SanDisk 1 gig for $72 about 3-4 days ago. Might still.

That's about what I paid for a 256 MB not too long ago.

Charlie Self
"When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not
hereditary." Thomas Paine