Nikon D70 - looking for a good deal with a starter lens

Old October 11th 04, 11:06 AM
Tom Scales

Can suggest a place, but get the kit with the 18-70. It's excellent.
"Fred Finisterre" wrote in message
Any ideas where to go? I'm in the UK and would prefer to order over the
web.

Probably with a 1GB CF card, and a decent beginner's lens.

Thanks,

Fred.

Old October 11th 04, 06:16 PM
Rudi Cheow

Some links worth checking out:

http://www.parkcameras.co.uk
http://www.warehouseexpress.com
http://www.pixmania.co.uk

All of these offer online sales with competitive pricing, and should
have D70 package deals.

My advice though is this: Decide on what you want, take a print-out of
the cheapest in-stock price you can find from one of the three sites
above, and take it to you nearest Jessops. They should do a
price-match on anything without any problems (my local one certainly
does - and yes, they price-match online stores too, as long as they're
UK-based. My local one price-matches all in the stores in the list
above), and in the event the kit turns out to be faulty or not
satisfactory, you'll thank God you bought retail instead of getting it
mail order.

And oh, if you're going for one of the kits make sure you get the with
the 18-70mm DX lens.

If you have any other Qs about the D70, just ask!

Rudi
Old October 11th 04, 06:45 PM
Graham Archer

Default Nikon D70 - looking for a good deal with a starter lens

Hi,
I bought a Nikon 50mm f1.4 lens from the ebay a couple of weeks ago and
it came within 5 days (from Hong Kong to Penzance).
They are selling the Nikon D70 with the superior lens 18-70 at £735 plus
postage.
Its an incredible deal !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=3844652 217

They have an excellent feedback and I would definitely use them again.

Regards
Graham