An interesting way to present historical photographs

Old October 6th 18, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default An interesting way to present historical photographs

Before and after:

http://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.g...ransformation/

Eric Stevens
Old October 7th 18, 12:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2018-10-06 18:10, Eric Stevens wrote:
Before and after:

http://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.g...ransformation/

The Hobson Wharf one was the most stunning wrt change. Thx.

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."
Old October 10th 18, 04:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 2018-10-06 18:10, Eric Stevens wrote:
Before and after:

http://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.g...ransformation/

The Hobson Wharf one was the most stunning wrt change.Â* Thx.

Very interesting!

The third one, of the Ferry building- I see nothing that would give the
photographer a clue as to where the building was or where the original
photo was shot from. Plans could give the location, but angle, aspect?

The Hobson Wharf is brilliant, but the first photo lacks similar aspect.
(May be wrong term. I mean the buildings in the background aren't
similar in scope.)

Old December 1st 18, 10:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
RichardLamprey

RichA replies:

Also, modern clutter obscures older buildings, in those images anyway.

+1
Old December 1st 18, 11:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 2018-10-06 18:10, Eric Stevens wrote:
Before and after:

http://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.g...ransformation/

The Hobson Wharf one was the most stunning wrt change.Â* Thx.

Very interesting!

The third one, of the Ferry building- I see nothing that would give the
photographer a clue as to where the building was or where the original
photo was shot from. Plans could give the location, but angle, aspect?

Anyone agree or disagree with this?

The Hobson Wharf is brilliant, but the first photo lacks similar aspect.
(May be wrong term. I mean the buildings in the background aren't
similar in scope.)

Or this?

Old December 2nd 18, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 2018-10-06 18:10, Eric Stevens wrote:
Before and after:

http://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.g...ransformation/

The Hobson Wharf one was the most stunning wrt change.Â* Thx.

Very interesting!

The third one, of the Ferry building- I see nothing that would give the
photographer a clue as to where the building was or where the original
photo was shot from. Plans could give the location, but angle, aspect?

Anyone agree or disagree with this?

I disagree. The original building is still there and as shown in the
photograph it is possible to position a camera in much the same
position as in the original.

The Hobson Wharf is brilliant, but the first photo lacks similar aspect.
(May be wrong term. I mean the buildings in the background aren't
similar in scope.)

Or this?

Fortunately, the original street corner is still in place. Admittedly
its not very obvious in the photographs.

Eric Stevens
Old December 3rd 18, 01:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 2018-10-06 18:10, Eric Stevens wrote:
Before and after:

http://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.g...ransformation/

The Hobson Wharf one was the most stunning wrt change.Â* Thx.

Very interesting!

The third one, of the Ferry building- I see nothing that would give the
photographer a clue as to where the building was or where the original
photo was shot from. Plans could give the location, but angle, aspect?

Anyone agree or disagree with this?

I disagree. The original building is still there and as shown in the
photograph it is possible to position a camera in much the same
position as in the original.

Possible but he did not do that.

On 2018-10-06 18:10, Eric Stevens wrote:
Before and after:

http://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.g...ransformation/

The Hobson Wharf one was the most stunning wrt change.Â* Thx.

Very interesting!

The third one, of the Ferry building- I see nothing that would give the
photographer a clue as to where the building was or where the original
photo was shot from. Plans could give the location, but angle, aspect?

Anyone agree or disagree with this?

I disagree. The original building is still there and as shown in the
photograph it is possible to position a camera in much the same
position as in the original.

Possible but he did not do that.

I think he did. Admittedly he is now a bit closer but getting further
away would have him in the middle of a busy roadway. See the left-turn
arrow in front of the BMW.

Eric Stevens