E6 Processing

Old November 23rd 04, 11:18 AM
Mike

Default E6 Processing

I am about to begin E6 processing using a second hand Jobo ATL-1000,
can anyone offer me advice on which chemistry is best suited to this
machine,
Old November 23rd 04, 01:10 PM
Frank Pittel

I'm partial to Kodak's E6 one shot kit. It's a 5L kit but you can mix as
much as you need.

-------------------

Old November 23rd 04, 04:06 PM
Jim Phelps

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
I am about to begin E6 processing using a second hand Jobo ATL-1000,
can anyone offer me advice on which chemistry is best suited to this
machine,

The Tetenal 3 or 6 bath kits are made for processing volumes run in an
amateur lab. They are also all liquid and therefore easy to mix in lesser
quantities. Store any remaining concentrates in glass bottles filled to the
brim. They'll last longer.

I prefer the 3 bath, however you have more control with the 6 bath. My
guess is the ATL is set to use the 3 bath kit. Jobo has a partnership with
Tetenal, so your ATL might already have the necessary program placed in it's
memory.

FWIW, the 3 bath kit does provide excellent results. The 6 bath kit will
allow you to control the contrast and overall slide intensity. For standard
processing (what you'd get 'downtown') the 3 bath kit do the job.

Jim

P.S., Disregard the advise to use Kodak chemicals for Kodak film and
Fuji/Fuji. It's not sound advise.

Old November 23rd 04, 04:24 PM
Tom Phillips

Jim Phelps wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
[...]

What you get downtown (assumimg you mean a pro lab) is not
a 3 step amateur process. Professional labs use 6 step
replenisment chemistry and monitor the consistency of the
process through control strip plots. This would be typical
processing. Professional results require PH adjustments and
monitoring for in-control D-max, speed, color, etc.

Jim

P.S., Disregard the advise to use Kodak chemicals for Kodak film and
Fuji/Fuji. It's not sound advise.

Useless troll advice. E6 is a standarized process. I use
Trebla E6 chemistry for all E6 films.

Old November 23rd 04, 07:48 PM
Jim Phelps

"Tom Phillips" wrote in message

What you get downtown (assumimg you mean a pro lab) is not
a 3 step amateur process. Professional labs use 6 step
replenisment chemistry and monitor the consistency of the
process through control strip plots. This would be typical
processing. Professional results require PH adjustments and
monitoring for in-control D-max, speed, color, etc.

Tom,

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't inferring that the pro lab
downtown used a 3 bath process, but instead I was trying to say it would be
about the same in terms of standard processing.

P.S., Disregard the advise to use Kodak chemicals for Kodak film and
Fuji/Fuji. It's not sound advise.

Useless troll advice. E6 is a standarized process. I use
Trebla E6 chemistry for all E6 films.

I didn't want to come right out and call Uran Commit a troll, but we all
know how useless his advice is.

BTW, where do you get the Trebla?