How much did the Minolta 650si sell for?

Old February 22nd 05, 06:43 AM
William Graham

"Lisa Horton" wrote in message

William Graham wrote:

"Bob Hickey" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message

And there are still people in the US today that believe only a small
proportion of the population should vote. My father believed that only
property owners should vote. I am not sure that he was wrong. There is
something about only allowing those who have a real stake in a
country's
future to be allowed to control it, that appeals to some of us. Our
country
is today controlled by millions of rif-raf who only came here for a
hand
out, and don't really give a Damn whether we survive or die.......They
don't
bother to learn the language, and will vote for whoever gives them the
most
money in their welfare checks......

The only difference between them and the politicians they
vote
for is a suit.

Hey! - I'll buy that.....I think we should do away with voting
altogether.

We basically have. We still go through the motions, of course. But
when you vote using a machine with no paper trail, you have no guarantee
that your vote was recorded, or recorded as you entered it. You have to
trust the assurances of major Republican contributors that their
machines are honest. And if you believe that, I've got some great deals
on bridges for you.

Lisa

This nation is almost evenly divided between Republicans and
Democrats....There is not more than 2 or 3 percent majority of either one
from election to election. I seriously doubt if a conspiracy of either party
could possibly be able to throw an election by "fixing" their voting
machinery. Think of all the engineers, assembly line workers, machinery
repair men, and others it would take to implement such a massive plot. I
have worked side by side with these kinds of people all of my life,
repairing punch-card machinery and, later on, computer operated hardware. My
fellow workers were of all political attitudes. Some were staunch union
loving social democrats, and some were wild-eyed capitalists like me. There
is no way I could have taken part in any kind of plot to fix any machine to
cheat the system politically. I doubt seriously if anyone could accomplish
that. But, it is impossible to prove that something didn't happen, so I can
offer nothing more than my own experience in this matter.....

Old February 22nd 05, 06:57 AM
William Graham

"Voice of freedom" wrote in message
7.142...
Lisa Horton wrote :

William Graham wrote:

"Bob Hickey" wrote in message

[...]

"A man is none the less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new
master once in a term of years. Neither are a people any the less slaves
because they are permitted periodically to choose new masters. What makes
them slaves is the fact that they are now, and are always hereafter to be,
in the hands of men whose power over them is, and always is to be,
absolute
and irresponsible." --Lysander Spooner, 'No Treason'.

This would be true were the, "men whose power over them is, and always is
to be, absolute and irresponsible." However, our system of checks and
balances is supposed to make that an impossibility. During my lifetime, (the
last 50 years or so) I haven't seen the kind of absolute and irresponsible
power that L. Spooner speaks of. Some corruption, yes. But it seems to
always be uncovered and punished sooner or later.......It is very hard to
carry out a conspiracy that involves more than three or four
people.......Especially when there are a thousand investigative reporters
from the opposing party breathing down your neck 24-7.