Macro Panning Video as stop frame animation

Old October 9th 09, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.video.desktop
Paul Furman

Default Macro Panning Video as stop frame animation

A little experimental video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzIiLzBmDsY
Click the HD icon & make full screen for 1280x720 HD.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net
Old October 9th 09, 05:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.video.desktop
John A.[_2_]

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 08:39:22 -0700, Paul Furman
wrote:

A little experimental video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzIiLzBmDsY
Click the HD icon & make full screen for 1280x720 HD.

Interesting. I found myself wishing you'd narrowed the aperture for a
little more depth of field, though. I think it would have been more
interesting if I had been able to make out visually what I was looking
at.

Neat idea, though. I wonder if one might be able to make a rig to
orbit the camera around a stationary subject. Would be a more
interesting motion, I think.
Old October 9th 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.video.desktop
Paul Furman

wrote:

A little experimental video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzIiLzBmDsY
Click the HD icon & make full screen for 1280x720 HD.

Interesting. I found myself wishing you'd narrowed the aperture for a
little more depth of field, though. I think it would have been more
interesting if I had been able to make out visually what I was looking
at.

Yeah the goofy caption "What?" was added because even if explained in
advance, you can't tell what the heck you are looking at g. I'll have
to come up with a subject and angle that actually works for the next
one. Or use that look for drama then gradually stop down & watch things
snap into focus on a fly's eye...

Neat idea, though. I wonder if one might be able to make a rig to
orbit the camera around a stationary subject. Would be a more
interesting motion, I think.

I passed on a $145 Novoflex panning plate on ebay this week ($170 new)
but that would be handy on this setup used on the stage for rotating. I
can't figure why so overpriced.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old October 9th 09, 07:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.video.desktop
Too Funny[_2_]

wrote:

A little experimental video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzIiLzBmDsY
Click the HD icon & make full screen for 1280x720 HD.

Interesting. I found myself wishing you'd narrowed the aperture for a
little more depth of field, though. I think it would have been more
interesting if I had been able to make out visually what I was looking
at.

He can't. It's impossible for him to get enough DOF out of his favorite
camera for something like this. He's completely, utterly, and totally
clueless. (Redundancy seemed appropriate. It might sink in if enough are
used to convey the message. People like him are V-E-R-Y slow.)

Yeah the goofy caption "What?" was added because even if explained in
advance, you can't tell what the heck you are looking at g. I'll have
to come up with a subject and angle that actually works for the next
one. Or use that look for drama then gradually stop down & watch things
snap into focus on a fly's eye...

What a nice way to prove to the world what a piece of **** that any DSLR is
for trying to get any useful macro image with its shallow DOF. Do you waste
that much of your time, energy, and money like this very often?

Neat idea, though. I wonder if one might be able to make a rig to
orbit the camera around a stationary subject. Would be a more
interesting motion, I think.

Wouldn't matter. He still couldn't get enough useful DOF out of his camera.
He's still clueless about knowing how to choose the proper tool for the
job.

I passed on a $145 Novoflex panning plate on ebay this week ($170 new)
but that would be handy on this setup used on the stage for rotating. I
can't figure why so overpriced.

They're overpriced specifically for people like you to buy them. It's
exactly what you need to create another blurry waste of everyone's time.
Buy it! You already wasted all that money on an overpriced camera and glass
that was useless for a job like this, now get some more things that will
make it even a more useless and waste-of-money venture. Behavior like that
is right up your alley! Buy it! Buy it!

LOL!!! What a ****in' dolt! LOL!!!!!!

Too funny!

Old October 9th 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.video.desktop
Paul Furman

Too Funny wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
John A. wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:

[...]

I knew you'd get a kick out of this g the point was to achieve maximum
DOF for the 'look' grin I couldn't get any better than that ;-)

PS I did a head on shot, panned also, and stopped down to f/5.6 which
I've tacked on the end, I'll upload tonight.

I passed on a $145 Novoflex panning plate on ebay this week ($170 new)
but that would be handy on this setup used on the stage for rotating. I
can't figure why so overpriced.

It's exactly what you need to create another blurry waste...

The lens cost $50 and I didn't get the overpriced pano plate. The xyz
stage is cobbled together from used scientific gear and has served a few
purposes.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old October 10th 09, 02:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.video.desktop
Richard[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

At the risk of getting flamed, I am interested to know what you would use
instead of Paul's setup? Also, do you have any advice for a newbie on how to
achieve similar stuff?
To save you the keystrokes, I'm probably V-E-R-Y , V-E-R-Y slow and a
****in' dolt too.

TIA

Old October 10th 09, 03:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.video.desktop
Alan Browne

Paul Furman wrote:
A little experimental video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzIiLzBmDsY
Click the HD icon & make full screen for 1280x720 HD.

Neat video. SO says you're insane! But I get it! ;-)

Music well chosen - copyright issue?

Cheers,
Alan
Old October 10th 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.video.desktop
Paul Furman

Richard wrote:

At the risk of getting flamed, I am interested to know what you would use
instead of Paul's setup? Also, do you have any advice for a newbie on how to
achieve similar stuff?

A bellows and a cheap old broken microscope for the positioning stage.
One that has sideways adjustments on the viewing plate. Mount an old
manual 50mm lens that has an aperture ring with a reversing ring so it's
backwards on the bellows. Or just put a P&S camera on a microscope.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old October 10th 09, 05:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.video.desktop
Richard Crowley

Alan Browne wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
A little experimental video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzIiLzBmDsY
Click the HD icon & make full screen for 1280x720 HD.

Neat video. SO says you're insane! But I get it! ;-)

Music well chosen - copyright issue?

YouTube is full of videos with copyright protected music.
Some stuff has been removed at the request of the rights
holders, but otherwise YT seems to be the largest online
cache of freely available copyright material. Dunno how
that works.

Old October 10th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.video.desktop
Paul Furman

Alan Browne wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
A little experimental video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzIiLzBmDsY
Click the HD icon & make full screen for 1280x720 HD.

Neat video. SO says you're insane! But I get it! ;-)

;-)

Music well chosen - copyright issue?

I don't know, the avant garde composer Bernard Hermann died recently but
maybe CBS is still enforcing the copyright, not on youtube anyways. It
was recorded in 1959 "for a few hundred dollars" for the CBS sound
library but copyright wasn't filed till 1979. Pre-1972 music copyright
is complicated.

Anyways, I'm not making any money from it. Sometimes youtube removes the
sound track from my videos or recognizes it & puts up relevant
advertising to buy the mp3, which is smart. My first upload had a
different sound track that was pulled immediately (poo-poo on MGM).

http://www.classicthemes.com/50sTVTh...lightZone.html
---------
In 1982 correspondence with composer Constant, he explained that in 1959
he composed six cues at the request of Lud Gluskin "for a few hundred
dollars" to be part of the CBS Music Library; He knew they were intended
for their first use on a new show described by Gluskin as "strange,
incredible, bizarre, fantastic";

Composer Constant went on to say it wasn't until much later that he
learned that two of his cues had been spliced together to become its
Main Title and End Credits THEME for this U.S. Television series;

Hopefully his ASCAP performance royalties as well as any mechanical
royalties from future recordings helped soothe his astonishment.

The copyright for these two cues used as "The Twilight Zone" THEME was
not filed by April-Blackwood Music in New York until 1979 when interest
in TV Themes was being revived by new recordings and publications.
In cue sheets appearing on the website of the Bernard Hermann Society
the two music cues used for the Marius Constant THEME are listed with
their coresponding CBS library numbers, as in this excerpt from an
episode entitled, "Little Girl Lost":

13. Twilight Zone Theme - End Title
Etrange #3
0:09 composed by Marius Constant; CBS library no. 11-58-813A
Milieu #2
0:21 composed by Marius Constant; CBS library no. 11-58-811-16B

"Twilight Zone (theme)" Copyright Date: Nov. 23, 1979; PA 54-066.
[part of a Performing Arts copyright for a motion picture filed as:
"King Nine Will Not Return, Episode of The Twillight zone including
Twilight zone theme", by Cayuga Productions, Inc.]

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Which Digital Photo Frame for Video? Talal Digital Photography 0 April 28th 09 11:18 AM
free egreetings, video uptake ,slide shows, animation and many more useful smilebox,check this out pappu Digital Photography 0 April 18th 07 03:22 PM
Stop frame Scott Digital Photography 4 December 12th 06 07:09 AM
D50, Sigma used in MACRO, f stop query nuala m Digital SLR Cameras 6 February 8th 06 11:09 AM
Stop-frame animations from digicams ed Digital Photography 3 December 23rd 04 11:21 AM