The Value Of An Apology, At Least From A Republican's Perspective!!

Old October 5th 09, 08:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default The Value Of An Apology, At Least From A Republican's Perspective!!

I'm reminded of a comment that came from a British Para I know who'd fought
alongside the US marines in the second Gulf war. "Americans have big guns to
compensate for small dicks". Made me laugh anyway, because I've always been
puzzled at the US citizen's obsession with firearms, especially when so many
schools get shot up.
Old October 6th 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Twibil wrote:
On Oct 5, 12:22 pm, wrote:
I'm reminded of a comment that came from a British Para I know who'd fought
alongside the US marines in the second Gulf war. "Americans have big guns to
compensate for small dicks".

That's odd, because that reminds me of a comment made by an Aussie
soldier I met back during Viet Nam.

He said "Brits commonly have oversized egos to make up for their tiny
country".

Or do you suppose he could have been a bull****ter -just like you?

Made me laugh anyway, because I've always been
puzzled at the US citizen's obsession with firearms, especially when so many
schools get shot up.

Right: US citizens are "obsessed" with guns, Mexicans are stupid,
Blacks lust after white women, Jews are greedy, the French are sleazy,
Italians are dirty, Germans are militaristic, Scots are penurious, The
Irish are all drunks, the English have bad teeth, and the Welsh talk
funny.

Any other ignorant stereotypes you'd like to add to your original?

What a maroon!

Indeed. F=U set.
--
lsmft
Old October 6th 09, 05:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Graham

wrote in message
I'm reminded of a comment that came from a British Para I know who'd
fought
alongside the US marines in the second Gulf war. "Americans have big guns
compensate for small dicks". Made me laugh anyway, because I've always
been
puzzled at the US citizen's obsession with firearms, especially when so
many
schools get shot up.

"So many?" - I've only heard of around a half a dozen in the last 10 years
or so.....In a nation of 300 million people this is miniscule....It is so
rare, in fact, that when it does happen, it makes headlines around the
world. Bear in mind, that there are over a hundred million firearms
here......About one per household.

Old October 6th 09, 05:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Graham

"Twibil" wrote in message
On Oct 5, 12:22 pm, wrote:
[...]

Reminds me of the definition of Heaven and Hell......In Heaven, all the
cooks are French, the lovers are Italian, the policemen are English, the
mechanics are German, and its all run by the Swiss. In Hell, the cooks are
English, the lovers are Swiss, the policemen are German,. the mechanics are
French, and it's all run by the Italians......