Photo Update - Gliders, Insulators, Nursery

Old March 31st 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Default Photo Update - Gliders, Insulators, Nursery

One page of select photos in the summary:
http://edgehill.net/gallery/photo-update/3-31-08
My camera died and will be sent out for repairs for a couple weeks.

Scroll down for summary outline with thumbnails & links:

Hang Gliders at Fort Funston:
1 page select images.
4 pages in the full set.

Electric insulators in the windowsill:
4 images.

Plants at the nursery:
3 select images.
3 pages in the full set.

South of Market:
1 image.

--
Paul Furman
Bay Natives Nursery
Old March 31st 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alienjones[_3_]

Paul Furman wrote:
One page of select photos in the summary:
http://edgehill.net/gallery/photo-update/3-31-08
My camera died and will be sent out for repairs for a couple weeks.

Scroll down for summary outline with thumbnails & links:

Hang Gliders at Fort Funston:
1 page select images.
4 pages in the full set.

Electric insulators in the windowsill:
4 images.

Plants at the nursery:
3 select images.
3 pages in the full set.

South of Market:
1 image.

Why are you still passing off my photographs as if they were yours?

Your host is being served with a DMC notice this week. I intend to
recover my legal costs in having your illegal use of my copyright images
removed. You have been warned privately. Now the issue is a legal
matter, I will publish the results of the summons and court proceedings.

I'm at a loss to understand how you expect to retain any credibility in
the photographic community when you have no respect for the copyright of
other photographer's work.

--

from Douglas,
If my PGP key is missing, the

Old April 1st 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alienjones[_3_]

JT's Ghost wrote:
Alienjones wrote:

Paul Furman wrote:
[...]

Why would anyone take this kind of posting seriously when it's done from
registered.motzarella.org... Better luck next time.

- JT
rates this as a poorly crafted troll...

You idiot... Why do you think I use PGP keys to identify me?

--

from Douglas,
If my PGP key is missing, the

Old April 1st 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chris Savage

On 2008-04-01, Alienjones wrote:

You idiot... Why do you think I use PGP keys to identify me?

But you don't. You sign your posts, yet fail to identify yourself or
indicate where to get your key to verify that signature.

--
Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?
Old April 1st 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

JT's Ghost wrote:

can't wait to see your posted proof that Paul stole your photos

Nothing to see here.

I put some modified/cropped copies of Douglas' test up to explain
technical issues in a discussion on one of these groups and he went
berserk calling me a thief.

Nothing interesting.

I felt it was better to leave at least some crops there if anyone
bothered to see what the thief accusations were about, they will see it
is really nothing interesting and merely editorial on a usenet
discussion more than a year ago. It was no different that quoting
someone's words here with an analysis and rebuttal, nothing any court
would have the slightest interest in.

I can't imagine reason for me to reply further on this topic.
I'm not interested in discussing it.
Old April 1st 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Alienjones wrote:

Why are you still passing off my photographs as if they were yours?

I am not claiming them as mine and that was clearly never my intent.
I explained a bit on that page.

This is not interesting, I see no reason to discuss it further.
Old April 1st 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alienjones[_3_]

JT's Ghost wrote:

- JT
can't wait to see your posted proof that Paul stole your photos

If you had been in the loop for a few months, you'd know he illegally
downloaded some photos of mine (an aircraft and some flowers) off my web
site. Photos I had posted to demonstrate how little difference there is
in P&S and DSLR image quality.

The swine altered those web quality images to produce an entirely
different and significantly lower quality look from the P&S image and
then uploaded them to his own web site without so much as a how-de-do to
me for him having stolen them.

The man is in for a big awakening really quickly. Don't even think of
defending him because that will only make you look as if you condone
people stealing professional Photographer's images, altering them in a
degrading manner and reposting them as if they owned them.

My original article is he
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/previews/07-09-07.htm

His plagiarized (stolen and made to look like his own work) version is
he http://edgehill.net/Misc/photography/20d-fz50

In case you have an issue with DMC legislation and the way it can be use
by those outside the US to sue US citizens who have no regard for the
law and do this sort of thing to bully others in newsgroups...
http://www.mcanerin.com/EN/articles/

My image were clearly and significantly listed as copyrighted images.
After he modified them to look significantly lower quality than they
were originally posted, he attempted to discredit me for suggesting the
quality of a print was so insignificant as to put into question the
whole P&S/DSLR issue of cost related quality.

Had he asked for the originals (not that I'd have given them to him) the
outcome from his deliberate attempt to discredit me may have been
significantly different. He made no communication with me. Didn't ask
for the images and refused to remove them when told to. What does that
saw about the man?

An hour ago I issued instructions to my awyers to proceed with action
under the DMC against him and his hosting company who simply ignored my
take-down notice. He has ignored 3 separate and correctly formatted
take-down notices. His host has ignored theirs at their own peril.

The penalty - incidentally for his host is $30,000 per image for not
taking them down.

Which idiotic landscape gardener who tries to come across as a
knowledgeable photographer, do you think they'll pass on the legal costs
to?

I am an Australian Qualified, Professional Photographer who has had it
with idiots who think the only time they do any wrong is when they get
dragged into court. If that's what it takes to make them tow the line,
it is going to happen.

To verify my messages and ensure they are not forgeries send a message
to: verify-at-douglasjames-dot-com-dot-au with verify in the subject line.

You will get back my the public key which if you store my address in
your contacts, will either validate or reject any newsgroup post I make
as you open it.

--

from Douglas,

If my PGP key is missing, the
post is a forgery. Ignore it.

Old April 1st 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

BTW, I do these for a small email list of interested folks and I figured
it might be welcome here. I generally have full exif data, full pixel
crops and a thumbnail of the low contrast in-camera jpeg and I'm glad to
discuss more.

Maybe it's more interesting with some elaboration:

Paul Furman wrote:
One page of select photos in the summary:
http://edgehill.net/gallery/photo-update/3-31-08
My camera died and will be sent out for repairs for a couple weeks.

Scroll down for summary outline with thumbnails & links:

Hang Gliders at Fort Funston:

The hang glider shots were done in way too hazy weather, I'll go back
now that I've scouted some good spots. Shot on a nutty old Century 500mm
f/4.5. You can see the nasty blue fringing in some shots, a couple have
excellent sharpness, some are just neat views of the landscape.

Electric insulators in the windowsill:

I mentioned these here before regarding backlighting for showing off
glass. Playing with an old disembodied Jena medium format 300mm f/4 lens
assembly superglued to an f-mount, on a PB-4 bellows for focusing. This
doesn't do well tilted but can do fine for moderate closeups.

Plants at the nursery:

I do these plant portraits regularly, the 85mm f/2.8 PC/TS Micro almost
always does what I need for this type of shot, many of them use some
tilt to align the plane of focus.

South of Market:

An urban vista 500mm f/4.5 shot with pretty severe heat waves, on a cool
windy afternoon.
Old April 1st 08, 05:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alienjones[_3_]

Paul Furman wrote:
Alienjones wrote:

Why are you still passing off my photographs as if they were yours?

I am not claiming them as mine and that was clearly never my intent.
I explained a bit on that page.

This is not interesting, I see no reason to discuss it further.

So now you are lying to conceal your dirty deeds too?

copyright 1985-2007 paul furman is at the foot of the page you
plagiarized from my web site. If that's not deception, what is?

You're a thief, a liar and an idiot. If you still have a host in the
morning, I'm about to become $60,000 richer and you sir, are likely to
be sued by them to recover their legal costs.

All because you think you are beyond the law. You aren't and you are
about to discover how serious I am mate. You had numerous opportunities
to remove my illegally obtained property and didn't. You will now you
*******.

To obtain my public key send a message to
verify-at-douglasjames-dot-com-dot-au with VERIFY in the subject line
and you will receive a message back which if you put me in your
"contacts" will verify my newsgroup posts.
--

from Douglas,
If my PGP key is missing, the