How to change the icon of Irfanview in the taskbar when it's running

Old August 28th 07, 06:17 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Philip Peters

Default How to change the icon of Irfanview in the taskbar when it's running

How does one change the icon for Irfanview?

How does one change the icon that shows up for something like Irfanview
when you have it in snapshot mode?

When I take snapshots of the screen in Irfanview, Irfanview must be running
but it has the tell-tale red sunbirst icon in the task bar.

I'd like to change that icon to something like the firefox or outlook or
Internet Explorer icon so others can't tell I'm taking snapshots of the
screen.

How would one CHANGE the ICON for Irfanview?

I tried right-clicking on the shortcut and on the executable but that
didn't change the icon.

What's the trick to change the icon of a running program in the task bar?
Old August 28th 07, 06:23 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Matt Ion

Philip Peters wrote:
How does one change the icon for Irfanview?

How does one change the icon that shows up for something like Irfanview
when you have it in snapshot mode?

When I take snapshots of the screen in Irfanview, Irfanview must be running
but it has the tell-tale red sunbirst icon in the task bar.

I'd like to change that icon to something like the firefox or outlook or
Internet Explorer icon so others can't tell I'm taking snapshots of the
screen.

How would one CHANGE the ICON for Irfanview?

I tried right-clicking on the shortcut and on the executable but that
didn't change the icon.

What's the trick to change the icon of a running program in the task bar?

Why don't you just use PrintScreen to do your screen capture, THEN start
IrfanView and paste the snapshot into it?
Old August 28th 07, 08:31 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
[email protected]

On Aug 28, 7:17 am, Philip Peters wrote:
How does one change the icon for Irfanview?

How does one change the icon that shows up for something like Irfanview
when you have it in snapshot mode?

Open Irfanview, go to Properties-Extensions and click on
Miscellaneous.

--
Rodney

Old August 28th 07, 09:16 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Franklin[_3_]

On Tue 28 Aug 2007 06:17:38, Philip Peters
wrote in alt.comp.freewa

How does one change the icon for Irfanview?

How does one change the icon that shows up for something like
Irfanview when you have it in snapshot mode?

When I take snapshots of the screen in Irfanview, Irfanview must be
running but it has the tell-tale red sunbirst icon in the task bar.

I'd like to change that icon to something like the firefox or
outlook or Internet Explorer icon so others can't tell I'm taking
snapshots of the screen.

How would one CHANGE the ICON for Irfanview?

I tried right-clicking on the shortcut and on the executable but
that didn't change the icon.

What's the trick to change the icon of a running program in the
task bar?

A resource editor can change taskbar icons in an executable.

However Irfanview is compressed so the freeware editors I checked
(Resource hacker and Exescope) couldn't access its icons.
Old August 28th 07, 12:08 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Ralph Fox

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:17:38 -0700, in message ,
Philip Peters wrote:

How does one change the icon for Irfanview?

How does one change the icon that shows up for something like Irfanview
when you have it in snapshot mode?

When I take snapshots of the screen in Irfanview, Irfanview must be running
but it has the tell-tale red sunbirst icon in the task bar.

IrfanView's icon looks to me like roadkill. :-)

I'd like to change that icon to something like the firefox or outlook or
Internet Explorer icon so others can't tell I'm taking snapshots of the
screen.

I set the taskbar to auto-hide. Works for me.

How would one CHANGE the ICON for Irfanview?

I tried right-clicking on the shortcut and on the executable but that
didn't change the icon.

What's the trick to change the icon of a running program in the task bar?

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Old August 28th 07, 02:48 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Ed Mc

Philip Peters wrote:

When I take snapshots of the screen in Irfanview, Irfanview must be running
but it has the tell-tale red sunbirst icon in the task bar.

It's not a sunburst. It's a CAT. ( You know,
a Kitty).

Look he http://irfanview-online.com/vb/

Old August 28th 07, 11:25 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
mike

Philip Peters wrote:

How does one change the icon for Irfanview?

How does one change the icon that shows up for something like Irfanview
when you have it in snapshot mode?

When I take snapshots of the screen in Irfanview, Irfanview must be running
but it has the tell-tale red sunbirst icon in the task bar.

IrfanView's icon looks to me like roadkill. :-)

I'd like to change that icon to something like the firefox or outlook or
Internet Explorer icon so others can't tell I'm taking snapshots of the
screen.

I set the taskbar to auto-hide. Works for me.

How would one CHANGE the ICON for Irfanview?

I tried right-clicking on the shortcut and on the executable but that
didn't change the icon.

What's the trick to change the icon of a running program in the task bar?

I think you guys are missing the point.
The OP appears to want to take pictures of someone else's screen without
being detected...as in spyware.

--
Return address is VALID!
Old August 28th 07, 11:38 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Aug 29, 12:25 am, mike wrote:
Philip Peters wrote:

How does one change the icon for Irfanview?

I'd like to change that icon to something like the firefox or outlook or
Internet Explorer icon so others can't tell I'm taking snapshots of the
screen.

I think you guys are missing the point.
The OP appears to want to take pictures of someone else's screen without
being detected...as in spyware.

Damn, thanks mike, I was missing the point.
The OP is a weirdo.

--
Rodney

Old August 29th 07, 12:20 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
John G[_2_]

"Philip Peters" wrote in message
How does one change the icon for Irfanview?

How does one change the icon that shows up for something like
Irfanview
when you have it in snapshot mode?

When I take snapshots of the screen in Irfanview, Irfanview must be
running
but it has the tell-tale red sunbirst icon in the task bar.

I'd like to change that icon to something like the firefox or outlook
or
Internet Explorer icon so others can't tell I'm taking snapshots of
the
screen.

How would one CHANGE the ICON for Irfanview?

I tried right-clicking on the shortcut and on the executable but that
didn't change the icon.

What's the trick to change the icon of a running program in the task
bar?

The simple way is the standard Windows way which gives you a selection
of 11 icons(in the case of Irfanview).

Right click on the icon, press Properties, press CHANGE ICON, select
from 11 choices, OK.

--
John G.

Old August 29th 07, 09:14 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Ron Hunter

Ed Mc wrote:
Philip Peters wrote:

When I take snapshots of the screen in Irfanview, Irfanview must be
running
but it has the tell-tale red sunbirst icon in the task bar.

It's not a sunburst. It's a CAT. ( You know, a Kitty).

Look he http://irfanview-online.com/vb/

It's a cat run over by a car. Some might find that unpleasant. If it
were easy to change, I would, but I'm not going to obsess over it.