The easiest way to build a simple photo website

Old April 12th 05, 02:17 PM
Renato

Default The easiest way to build a simple photo website

Which is the best and faster way to build a photo website? Is there a
software out there to do this easily? I tried FP, but I didn't like it. I
need
to upload several photo galleries, so I need a simple front page, with links
to the galleries.

TIA
Renato

Old April 12th 05, 02:25 PM
Roy

"Renato" wrote in message
Which is the best and faster way to build a photo website? Is there a
software out there to do this easily? I tried FP, but I didn't like it. I
need
to upload several photo galleries, so I need a simple front page, with
links
to the galleries.

TIA
Renato

Microsoft Front Page is, in my opinion, one of the easiest ways to make
Websites. Have a look in its Templates for the Multi Page Web you want. It
will certainly be easier for the viewers if they can move from Gallery to
Gallery without having to go back to the Opening Page.

Dreamweaver is perhaps more popular with serious Web creators, but I found
it much more complicated.

Roy G

Old April 12th 05, 04:15 PM
Bigguy

Have a llok at Porta... http://www.stegmann.dk/mikkel/porta/

Easy, simple, free...
And here is a sample Porta gallery of some of my pics...
http://www.guytittley.pwp.blueyonder...bum/index.html

Guy

Old April 12th 05, 05:44 PM
Matt Silberstein

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:17:18 -0400, in rec.photo.digital , "Renato"
in
wrote:

Which is the best and faster way to build a photo website? Is there a
software out there to do this easily? I tried FP, but I didn't like it. I
need
to upload several photo galleries, so I need a simple front page, with links
to the galleries.

Are you the webmaster? Can you load Perl/PHP tools? If so, there is a
host of gallery SW available. You might check with the company hosting
your site (look on their support forums, for example), there may be
some preferred system people are using.

--
Matt Silberstein

Old April 12th 05, 07:48 PM
Phil Stripling

"Renato" writes:

Which is the best and faster way to build a photo website? Is there a
software out there to do this easily? I tried FP, but I didn't like it. I

I think you've left out some information. You could use the Smugmug power
user or pro sites to do your own Web site for photo display -
http://www.smugmug.com/
but your photos will be hosted on the smugmug site, not your own. Pro users
can have their own URL, though, so that may not be a problem for you.

Or you could use several different pieces of software. iView Media pro -
http://www.iview-multimedia.com/
is one program which will build the galleries for you, but I am not sure it
will build the entire linked site.

For a Web site, I use Adobe GoLive, others use Dreamweaver. These are
rather expensive programs, though. I've used BBEdit for years to do Web
pages, but after awhile it becomes onerous trying to track all the page
changes, links, and such by hand.

Which is your preference? Having the photos hosted on a hosting site or
developing your own. A hosting site may make it much easier by handling the
linking and markup for you.

Old April 13th 05, 01:02 PM

Matt Silberstein wrote:

Are you the webmaster? Can you load Perl/PHP tools? If so, there is a
host of gallery SW available. You might check with the company hosting
your site (look on their support forums, for example), there may be
some preferred system people are using.

Is there a particular set of scripts you would recommend?

Wes