IrfanView: How to do this?

Old October 6th 04, 12:49 PM
Terry Pinnell

Default IrfanView: How to do this?

I've recently started using IrfanView 3.75 for viewing JPGs/GIFs etc,
instead of PaintShop Pro 7. It's much faster and has a few other neat
features I like, such as allowing fast navigation and deletion within
a folder.

But I haven't yet grasped how to do what I'm sure must be a trivial
task. Could someone step me through the exact steps to get two
successive clipboard copies (screenshot captures) pasted into one
image please?

If I use ImageCreate New (empty) image, and accept the defaults, I
get the empty white window I'd expect. But why is it titled 'Clipboard
- IrfanView'? I'd expect something like 'IrfanView - Image1' until I
changed it with a Save. And if I then do a Ctrl-v to paste my capture
into it, I get the result locked in the top left corner, background
now becomes black, and title becomes 'Clipboard01- IrfanView'. If I
paste a second capture, it appears to over-write the first, and title
changes to 'Clipboard01- IrfanView'.

I appreciate that IrfanView is primarily a viewer (an excellent one),
not an editor. I would obviously fire up PSP7 to do something more
ambitious. But IrfanView does appears to have basic editing
facilities. I just need to understand how to use them!

Any advice would be much appreciated please.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Old October 6th 04, 01:14 PM
sid derra

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
I've recently started using IrfanView 3.75 for viewing JPGs/GIFs etc,
instead of PaintShop Pro 7. It's much faster and has a few other neat
features I like, such as allowing fast navigation and deletion within
a folder.

But I haven't yet grasped how to do what I'm sure must be a trivial
task. Could someone step me through the exact steps to get two
successive clipboard copies (screenshot captures) pasted into one
image please?

hi terry

afaik - and i have been using irfanview for about 5 years now i think - this
isn't possible (yet?) you may drop the author irfan a message though - he -
like me - is from austria and is said to be very nice and considered quite a
few user suggestions for future releases before.

rock on.

Old October 6th 04, 02:58 PM
A Sherman

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message

But I haven't yet grasped how to do what I'm sure must be a trivial
task. Could someone step me through the exact steps to get two
successive clipboard copies (screenshot captures) pasted into one
image please?

Terry, West Sussex, UK

I haven't tried it but it looks like "Image Create Panorama Image" might do
this.

Al

Old October 6th 04, 04:09 PM
Terry Pinnell

"A Sherman" wrote:

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
.. .

But I haven't yet grasped how to do what I'm sure must be a trivial
task. Could someone step me through the exact steps to get two
successive clipboard copies (screenshot captures) pasted into one
image please?

Terry, West Sussex, UK

I haven't tried it but it looks like "Image Create Panorama Image" might do
this.

Al

Yes indeed it does thanks, Al. I discovered it shortly after my post.
You have to open up a new image, use Image Create Panorama Image,
then Add, and then specify the two files. They must of course be
orientated correctly, and the positions are strictly limited to those
two: horizontal and vertical. It does have the merit of avoiding
running PSP7, but it's far from flexible!

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Old October 6th 04, 04:09 PM
Terry Pinnell

"sid derra" wrote:

hi terry

afaik - and i have been using irfanview for about 5 years now i think - this
isn't possible (yet?) you may drop the author irfan a message though - he -
like me - is from austria and is said to be very nice and considered quite a
few user suggestions for future releases before.

Thanks. I did drop Irfan a note a few days ago, but so far no reply.

See also my reply to Al...

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK