Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

Old June 14th 18, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
croy

Default Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed

--
croy
Old June 14th 18, 06:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed

Nice memories. Thanks for posting

--
PeterN
Old June 14th 18, 08:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 06/14/2018 01:21 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just
for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed

Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!

--
Ken Hart

Old June 14th 18, 08:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just
for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed

Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!

Nor did I see the Sherpas who carried those long lenses

--
PeterN
Old June 14th 18, 08:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 14, 2018, Ken Hart wrote
(in article ):

On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just
for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed

Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!

Not even an Instamatic, or Brownie.

Savageduck

Old June 15th 18, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

croy:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just
for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed

Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Ken Hart:
Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!

If cell phone cameras had been extant at the time they'd all have had
one and you know it.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old June 15th 18, 02:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just
for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed

Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!

Nor did I see the Sherpas who carried those long lenses

I don't know what focal length the tripod mounted lens on the right
(between the lab-coated gentlemen) is, but it looks a bit similar to my
Canon 1200mm lenses. And I don't use no sherpas when I carry it to the
top of the Tuscarora Mountain. Of course there is a parking area off of
PA-74 about 300' from the overlook.

--
Ken Hart

Old June 15th 18, 04:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just
for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed

Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!

Nor did I see the Sherpas who carried those long lenses

I don't know what focal length the tripod mounted lens on the right
(between the lab-coated gentlemen) is, but it looks a bit similar to my
Canon 1200mm lenses. And I don't use no sherpas when I carry it to the
top of the Tuscarora Mountain. Of course there is a parking area off of
PA-74 about 300' from the overlook.

You are probably a lot younger than I, and definitely in better physical
condition. Tomorrow, i will see how far I can carry my 80-400, with a
tripod and chair, on the sand. I did get a Tommy Bahama cart, which helps.

--
PeterN
Old June 15th 18, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan,
just for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed

Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!

Nor did I see the Sherpas who carried those long lenses

I don't know what focal length the tripod mounted lens on the right
(between the lab-coated gentlemen) is, but it looks a bit similar to
my Canon 1200mm lenses. And I don't use no sherpas when I carry it to
the top of the Tuscarora Mountain. Of course there is a parking area
off of PA-74 about 300' from the overlook.

You are probably a lot younger than I, and definitely in better physical
condition. Tomorrow, i will see how far I can carry my 80-400, with a
tripod and chair, on the sand. I did get a Tommy Bahama cart, which helps.

My first Social Security retirement check was last month (I decided on
the early option at 62), and I'm constantly fighting the battle of the
bulge. But next weekend, I'll be carrying as much gear as possible
around the Gettysburg battlefields and hiking the PA Canal in Juniata
County when I go to the annual family reunion.

--
Ken Hart

Old June 16th 18, 05:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
[...]

You are a youngster. I have almost twenty years on you. Anyway, my bird
colony expedition worked out fine, physically. I enjoyed watching the
Oyster Catchers interacting with their chicks. The terns were still
sitting on their eggs. However, the mates of the egg sitters were very
accurate in their dive bombing. I was well prepared for that, but have
to get all the white streaks off the beach cart, and my hat.
Got nothing great, just a couple that prove I was there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vumjs3t7f86c5l2/20180615_NickersonBeach%20Birds_7381-Edit.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN