Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Old April 7th 18, 01:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Ragnusen Ultred

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Fri, 6 Apr 2018 20:31:07 +0100, schrieb David B.:

If you've not yet physically tried one, I suggest that you do so. :-)

I have used *all* the Apple equipment, as I do volunteer work in a school
environment.

I also buy a phone every few months, as it's my gift-giving process, where
I tie the phone to the person, which means often it's Android but sometimes
the person wants Apple equipment.

I also have many iPads, and just bought a new one this last month, so, I'm
fully familiar with empirical facts about Apple equipment.

In particular, I find that if I ask a TECHNICAL question of the Apple
newsgropus, facts aren't their forte.

Why?
I don't know why.

I just know that it doesn't matter who asks the question, nor what the
question is, if it involves technical facts, it won't be answered correctly
on the Apple newsgroups (as this thread amply proved).

Someone could as a question about cables, and it won't be correctly
answered on the Apple newsgroups (see recent experiments proving this).

They could ask about Mac or iOS funcdtionality, and almost always, if not
always, the answer will not only be wrong, but it will contain fantastic
fabrications of imaginary functionalty that never existed.

It could even be about batteries, where the fantastic excuses blaming
battery technology will be amazing to read, where on the adult newsgroups,
people actually understand battery technology.

It could even be about bugs, where the first thing that the Apple
Apologists do is blame Google for Apple's bugs, even when it's well known
that the head of software engineering blames Apple Marketing schedules for
the plethora of horrid bugs in Apple devices of late.

Given these are all facts that are in the public record:
http://tinyurl.com/misc-phone-mobile-iphone
http://tinyurl.com/comp-mobile-ipad
http://tinyurl.com/rec-photo-digital
http://tinyurl.com/comp-sys-mac-system
http://tinyurl.com/comp-sys-mac-apps
http://tinyurl.com/comp-mobile-android
http://tinyurl.com/alt-comp-os-windows-10
etc.

The empirical result is that Apple Usenet posters are *different* than
normal adults.

In general, many real-world questions & experiments clearly show:
a. Apple Usenet posters are shockingly devoid of technical skills,
b. And they incessantly fabricate completely imaginary Apple functionality,
c. And yet, they're adept at endless off-topic silly semantic games.

Whfg yvxr lbh'er cynlvat jvgu zr.
Old April 7th 18, 03:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
David B.[_2_]

On 07/04/2018 13:57, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
[...]

Ragnusen,

Hi! :-)

V nccerpvngr lbhe erfcbafrf - V'z abg 'cynlvat' jvgu lbh.

I confess I'm surprised that a school is using a 27 inch iMac with a
Retina 5K display. Are you sure about that?

Have you visited the ASC as I suggested? If so, what posting name do you
use there? I post there as 'HunterBD' (I used to fly a Hawker Hunter
during my advanced flying training in the Royal Navy!)

Perhaps you'd like to comment on the reply to the post I made there this
morning? It is very comprehensive but I'd welcome YOUR views.

https://discussions.apple.com/messag...23456#33257585

The answer to malware on Apple equipment was made by John Galt, he-

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8841

Sincerely,

David B.
Old April 7th 18, 09:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Ragnusen Ultred

Old April 7th 18, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
David B.[_2_]

On 07/04/2018 21:39, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Sat, 7 Apr 2018 15:50:12 +0100, schrieb David B.:

V nccerpvngr lbhe erfcbafrf - V'z abg 'cynlvat' jvgu lbh.

Perhaps we CAN be on-line pals after all, Ragnusen! ;-)

Yet again the 'Hosts' (moderators) on the ASC site have rejected my
post. :-(

It was about this:-

https://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlab...anlotus-found/

Here's what was actually sent to me by email:-

"We removed your post "New MacOS Backdoor - do YOU know about such
things?" because it was nontechnical or off-topic. We understand wanting
to share experiences, but these forums are meant for technical questions
that can be answered by the community.

You can read our submission guidelines he Apple Support Communities
- Terms of Use

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-5952

We hope you’ll keep using our Support Communities forums. You can find
more information about participating he

https://discussions.apple.com/community/tutorials

=

Perhaps Apple software *IS* more vulnerable than Apple wants us to know.

--
David B.
Old April 7th 18, 11:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
dorayme[_3_]

In article ,
Ragnusen Ultred wrote:

Note to dorayme:

All the Apple Apologists can do well is endless off-topic rants.
Just watch (since you're one of them).

*I* am an Apple apologist? Hardly! I just use their products and
generally get by fine, almost always sorting out problems (usually
without the almost useless misunderstandings that occur on usenet).

--
dorayme
Old April 8th 18, 12:00 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
dorayme[_3_]

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , RJH wrote:

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.

That is a lie, they pay ever dollar they are required to, just like
everyone else.

It's not a lie. It's an opinion that's based on evidence. And is
coincidentally shared by a lot of people. Not you, obvs ;-)

it absolutely is a lie. the evidence is very clear that apple pays what
they owe.

Bull****.

--
dorayme
Old April 8th 18, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
Ragnusen Ultred

Am Sun, 08 Apr 2018 08:58:41 +1000, schrieb dorayme:

All the Apple Apologists can do well is endless off-topic rants.
Just watch (since you're one of them).

*I* am an Apple apologist? Hardly! I just use their products and
generally get by fine, almost always sorting out problems (usually
without the almost useless misunderstandings that occur on usenet).

Again, there are three empirical categories of Apple Apologist...

1. *Unfathomably dumb:*
BK@OnRamp, Snit, Jolly Roger, Joe, Alan Baker, Lewis, Hemidactylus, etc.

2. *Duplicitous liars:*
nospam

3. *The mind of a child - but usually knows when to shut up*
Savageduck, Alan Browne, Tim Streater, etc.

I agree with you that you don't play *exactly* the same silly semantic
games that the others play, but I don't think you're in a category of your
own either.

So, for now, you're in the third empirical category, which is much more
loosely organized since you, like they, *never* add on-topic technical
value but you, unlike they, generally tell the truth when you are
disagreeing with the likes of the unfathomably dumb and the duplicitous
liars.

It appears there are only two situations when you act like an adult:
A. When you're informing the children above they act like children, and,
B. Interestingly, when you are toying with me (since you know my buttons).

Given that you have the capability of acting like an adult acts, if you
only added on iota of on-topic technical value, then you'd be different
from the rest of them (IMHO).

Think about this one question before disagreeing (which you're welcome to):
Q: How much on-topic technical value have you added to this thread?
A: ?

I post the above based purely on empirical facts.
Old April 8th 18, 01:23 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Lewis
wrote:

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.

That is a lie, they pay ever dollar they are required to, just like
everyone else.

It's not a lie. It's an opinion that's based on evidence. And is
coincidentally shared by a lot of people. Not you, obvs ;-)

Opinions aren't facts, no matter how many slack-jawed yokels believe
them.

Apple pays *every* dollar they are supposed to, and many companies pay
far far less. Apple is the largest tax payer in the US (and I believe in
the world).

apple pays roughly *twice* as much as berkshire hathaway, who is in the
#2 spot, and roughy three times as much as google/alphabet:
https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/...IKkI/v1/1200x-
1.png

Exxon, for example, doesn't pay any tax at all.

nor does amazon:
http://seattlebusinessmag.com/busine...didnt-pay-any-
federal-income-taxes-2017
According to a new report from the Washington, D.C.-based Institute
on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP), Amazon says that the
e-commerce giant ³reported $5.6 billion of U.S. profits and didn¹t
pay a dime of federal income taxes on it.²
Amazon notoriously hunts out advantages within the tax system, and
ITEP says this zero percent rate in 2017 ³reflects a longer term
trend.²

³During the previous five years, Amazon reported U.S. profits of $8.2
billion and paid an effective federal income tax rate of just 11.4
percent. This means the company was able to shelter more than
two-thirds of its profits from tax during that five year period.²
Old April 8th 18, 01:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, comp.sys.mac.system
Savageduck[_3_]

On Apr 7, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 07/04/2018 21:39, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Sat, 7 Apr 2018 15:50:12 +0100, schrieb David B.:

V nccerpvngr lbhe erfcbafrf - V'z abg 'cynlvat' jvgu lbh.

Perhaps we CAN be on-line pals after all, Ragnusen! ;-)

Yet again the 'Hosts' (moderators) on the ASC site have rejected my
post. :-(

It was about this:-

https://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlab...macos-backdoor
-linked-to-oceanlotus-found/

Here's what was actually sent to me by email:-

"We removed your post "New MacOS Backdoor - do YOU know about such
things?" because it was nontechnical or off-topic. We understand wanting
to share experiences, but these forums are meant for technical questions
that can be answered by the community.

You can read our submission guidelines he Apple Support Communities
- Terms of Use

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-5952

We hope you’ll keep using our Support Communities forums. You can find
more information about participating he

https://discussions.apple.com/community/tutorials

=

Perhaps Apple software *IS* more vulnerable than Apple wants us to know.

David, remove the cross post to rec.photo.digital. All of this crap between
the nymshifter, and you is off topic for r.p.d.. If you want to be pals with
him, see if you can take it off Usenet.

Followup set to c.s.m.s.

Savageduck

Old April 8th 18, 03:17 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Your Name[_2_]

On 2018-04-07 23:00:49 +0000, dorayme said:
In article ,
nospam wrote:
In article , RJH wrote:

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.

That is a lie, they pay ever dollar they are required to, just like
everyone else.

It's not a lie. It's an opinion that's based on evidence. And is
coincidentally shared by a lot of people. Not you, obvs ;-)

it absolutely is a lie. the evidence is very clear that apple pays what
they owe.

Bull****.

Apple pays *all* the appropriate sales taxes in every country. They
also pay *all* the appropriate income tax in the countries where they
actually have a regional office AND where they make an actual
*profitable* *income*.

What most fools do not understand is that Apple doesn't actually make a
profitable income in most countries, because in those countries it's
simply a *distributor* division which gets the products (and on-sells
them to customers for the same price) from the sales / supplier
division in Apple Asia or Apple Ireland ... it's in the countries where
those *sales* divison companies that Apple pays income tax.

In the smaller countries like New Zealand there isn't even an Apple
division at all, so they couldn't make a profit here even if they
wanted to - all sales are handled by Apple Australia (which gets it's
products from Apple Asia).

It's all 100% legal, and standard accounting and tax procedure -
*EVERY* business pays income tax on the *profit*, that's after expenses
for running the business, including purchasing of stock from suppliers,
paper for the printers, toilet paper, etc., etc.