How to change Irfanview's default "Save" folder?

Old September 11th 04, 12:26 AM
Clueless in Seattle

Default How to change Irfanview's default "Save" folder?

How can I set the default folder that Irfanview opens when I ask it to
open or save a file?

I'm using an old version of Irfanview (4.10.1998) and somehow I
managed to get it stuck so that when I ask it to either save a file or
open a file, it always opens a folder where I once saved a JPG file
many years ago. This folder is off in some arcane branch of my
directory tree so every time I have to manually click my way up the
tree out of the that branch to the root directory, and then click my
way back down another branch to the folder where I now keep my
pictures.

Old September 11th 04, 02:09 AM
zuuum

"Save" and "Save as...." both keep seperate memory of the last used
directory saved to. I can't say that a 6-year-old version behaves that way,
though.

Do yourself a huge favor and download the current version *and* plug-ins.
Not only are there many more filetypes that can be opened, you can also use
many PS filter plug-ins now. '98 is so old, you may not even have lossless
jpg operations like rotation. Install with close attention, as there may be
some new features you don't wish to install. You will have a choice of
deselecting some of them during the installation.

om...