Selling Greeting Cards?

Old November 29th 09, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Mahatma Vindaloo

Default Selling Greeting Cards?

"blacklight" wrote in message
Greetings,
The photos on my website are arranged as ecards. Some have become very
popular. I am toying with the idea to print them on paper and sell
them to shops. But I wonder if it’s worth the investment in glossy
paper and expensive ink - maybe even a special printer. Anyone here
with experience in this field who could advise me?
Thanks - Klaus and Rusty (the dog)
www.oz-greetings.com.au
Nature wilderness Science

The greetings card business is extremely competitive and well established.
Your market would be boutique type shops and fairs and flea markets. Even
then your turnover would have to be high to cover costs and return a profit
to you.
Perhaps you could consider selling them on sites such as Ebay where your
overheads would be low and time consumed by you would also be minimal.
Good Luck

Old December 6th 09, 07:06 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Mahatma Vindaloo

On Nov 30, 9:09 am, "Mahatma Vindaloo" wrote:
[...]

Many thanks for reply Mahatma (what a famous name!). Actually seeing
them offered on Ebay gave me the initial thought. And yes, I believe
you are right: my stuff would probably go in boutique outlets.
Something to mull over.
Greetings - Klaus

Let us know how you go in your future endeavours.
Once again, Good Luck.