FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828

Old January 30th 07, 11:14 PM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital
Charles Schuler

Default FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
oups.com...

FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828

As a very satisfied user (four years) of AVG free, I don't understand the
negative replies to this thread. Here is what I have found:

Oh, I now see the problem. Gigaloads is making money with their links. It
is a terrible thing. Money is evil. Making money is the devil's work.
Money is good when one has some and evil when others have it.

Seriously folks, this a very fuzzy line. Offering links to useful free
downloads has some merit. Spamming is not a black and white issue. I own a
registered Epson printer and get at least one email a week from them. Are
they spamming me? Are they annoying me? Should I not register my products
in the future and then miss an important announcement?

Spam, to me, is totally off-the-wall solicitation via the shotgun method.
Anti-virus software as good as AVG and at no cost to home users needs to be
promoted.

Old January 30th 07, 11:28 PM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital
Roy G

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
oups.com...

FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828

As a very satisfied user (four years) of AVG free, I don't understand the
negative replies to this thread. Here is what I have found:

1/ It is indeed free for home use.
2/ It works very well. It has detected and fixed numerous nasties here.
3/ It automatically updates almost every day.
4/ It might cost a few bucks in the future (for home use), and I will
probably opt to subscribe if the cost is reasonable.

Hi

If someone was posting and recommending that readers should install AVG, by
downloading it from free.grisoft.com, that would not be Spam, even if it
might be irritating.

This, or these, Cretins are using the free availability of AVG to promote
their Crappy and perhaps dangerous website. That is SPAM

Roy G

Old January 31st 07, 12:01 AM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital
Ken Lucke

In article , Roy G
wrote:

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
oups.com...

FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828

As a very satisfied user (four years) of AVG free, I don't understand the
negative replies to this thread. Here is what I have found:

1/ It is indeed free for home use.
2/ It works very well. It has detected and fixed numerous nasties here.
3/ It automatically updates almost every day.
4/ It might cost a few bucks in the future (for home use), and I will
probably opt to subscribe if the cost is reasonable.

Hi

If someone was posting and recommending that readers should install AVG, by
downloading it from free.grisoft.com, that would not be Spam, even if it
might be irritating.

This, or these, Cretins are using the free availability of AVG to promote
their Crappy and perhaps dangerous website. That is SPAM

Roy G

No, that's merely irritating as well, regardless of personal opinions
of the definition of spam.

If you are going to correct someone, have the right information.

On usenet, spam is defined as ECP or EMP that meets or exceeds a BI of
20 in a 45 day period. It has nothing to do with content, placement,
or topicality. That definition hasn't changed in 9 years or more.

Spam is about how many times something is said, not where or what is
said.

http://www.killfile.org/faqs/spam.html

That's the "bible" of usenet news-admins, worldwide, for the definition
of spam, whether you happen to agree with it or not.

By the way, spam is *not* an acronym, and is not spelled using all
caps, any more than "raw" is in regards to camera raw files.

independence.
-- Charles A. Beard
Old January 31st 07, 12:52 AM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital
winnard

"Ken Lucke" wrote in message
In article , Roy G
wrote:

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

YOU GUYS PUT ON A FREAKING CONDOM AND PROTECT YOUR VIRUSES ELSWHERE.

winnard

Old January 31st 07, 05:57 AM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital
mm

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:27:19 -0500, "SimonLW"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
No more. Now you have to pay for it.
BP

? You can still download AVG 7.5 free edition. 7.1 support is discontinued
soon. Just upgrade.
-S

When you get the notice to updata to 7.5, and you go there, they
really push the paid edition, and you have to hunt for the free one,
even iirc if you went to the very page it sent you to, because you
have to update to 7.5.

A lot of companies do this, but I too was fooled for a while, this
time and the previous time. It's probably what fooled BP.

Old January 31st 07, 11:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MarkČ

Charles Schuler wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828

As a very satisfied user (four years) of AVG free, I don't understand
the negative replies to this thread. Here is what I have found:

1/ It is indeed free for home use.
2/ It works very well. It has detected and fixed numerous nasties
here. 3/ It automatically updates almost every day.
4/ It might cost a few bucks in the future (for home use), and I will
probably opt to subscribe if the cost is reasonable.

I agree that it's a great program. I use it too.
The objection is regarding the OP who is clearly using this post to generate
hits for his reference page...which helps him generate revenue for other ads
or referrals.

Anyone interested in using AVG...and I highly recommend it...should simply
visit Grisoft's own site directly he http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

-MarkČ

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old January 31st 07, 11:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MarkČ

Charles Schuler wrote:
"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
oups.com...

FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828

As a very satisfied user (four years) of AVG free, I don't
understand the negative replies to this thread. Here is what I have
found:

Oh, I now see the problem. Gigaloads is making money with their
links. It is a terrible thing. Money is evil. Making money is the
devil's work. Money is good when one has some and evil when others
have it.

Not evil... It's just that we don't want to encourage every hit-counting
spammer to start dumping random hit-generating posts to this NG.

Seriously folks, this a very fuzzy line. Offering links to useful
free downloads has some merit. Spamming is not a black and white
issue. I own a registered Epson printer and get at least one email a
week from them. Are they spamming me? Are they annoying me? Should
I not register my products in the future and then miss an important
announcement?
Spam, to me, is totally off-the-wall solicitation via the shotgun
method. Anti-virus software as good as AVG and at no cost to home
users needs to be promoted.

Right. But certainly you must agree that AVG has no relation to digital
photo groups. I agree that it's useful in this case, but do you really want
EVERY useful (on some level) spammer to dump here?

Probably not.
I don't feel militant about it, and it doesn't offend me...but I see the
merit of poo-pooing the tactic here.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old January 31st 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles Schuler

I don't feel militant about it, and it doesn't offend me...but I see the
merit of poo-pooing the tactic here.

Agreed. Thanks.