changing file date and time

Old April 10th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
N.Coffey

Default changing file date and time

A friend and I went away with a Fuji S5000 and Fuji S5200 and I'd like
to coordinate our photos. I synchronized the date and time when we
started, but because of the S5000's internal battery dying a long time
ago, every time it needs new batteries, you have to set it again.
Unfortunately, a couple of times I set it for AM instead of PM and so
a couple of days of our photos are all over the place.

Is there some way to change to change the date and time by adding 12
hours to a batch of files on my computer? This will make life a lot
easier.

--
Nancy
Old April 10th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Toke Eskildsen

N.Coffey wrote:

Is there some way to change to change the date and time by adding
12 hours to a batch of files on my computer?

JHead supports relative time changes:
http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/ (freeware)
--
Toke Eskildsen - http://ekot.dk/
Old April 11th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
N.Coffey

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:45:20 UTC, Ed Ruf "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN
SIG!)" wrote:

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:31:27 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "N.Coffey"
wrote:
Is there some way to change to change the date and time by adding 12
hours to a batch of files on my computer? This will make life a lot
easier.

Give SetFileDate a try:
http://no-nonsense-software.com/download.shtml

I tried SetFileDate and JHead and stayed with SetFileDate. JHead is a
command line program and isn't for lazy people who don't want to do a
lot of typing. SetFileDate was perfect for my needs--I had a lot of
files to fix. Thank you.

--
Nancy
Old April 11th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gregory Paret

N.Coffey wrote:
Is there some way to change to change the date and time by adding 12
hours to a batch of files on my computer? This will make life a lot
easier.

XnView http://www.xnview.com supports relative time changes to file
timestamp, as well as EXIF timestamps. You can select the files from a file
list view or a thumbnail view, sorted by name or date/time.

-Greg.