Cheap batteries for Lumix DMC-FZ7

Old October 19th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Glenn Alcott

Default Cheap batteries for Lumix DMC-FZ7

I have a Lumix DMC-FZ7 and have been shopping around for a spare battery. At
a site called bestbatt.com I found a third-party battery for $11.25, which
is far cheaper than anything else I've seen. I'm just wondering if it's any
good, and if anyone has experience with ultra-cheap batteries like this.
Here's the page:
http://www.bestbatt.com/Panasonic_CG.../bbs006-01.htm

Glenn

Old October 19th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Rubin

"Glenn Alcott" writes:
I have a Lumix DMC-FZ7 and have been shopping around for a spare battery. At
a site called bestbatt.com I found a third-party battery for $11.25, which
is far cheaper than anything else I've seen. I'm just wondering if it's any
good, and if anyone has experience with ultra-cheap batteries like this.

I've been using cheap batteries in various devices (camcorders, cell
phones) and haven't had any major problems, though I think they're
more likely to overstate their capacity than the OEM brands. More
recently I've been making an effort to stay away from lithium ion
altogether, and always prefer to buy AA-powered devices.
Old October 19th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rudy Benner

"Glenn Alcott" wrote in message
I have a Lumix DMC-FZ7 and have been shopping around for a spare battery.
At
a site called bestbatt.com I found a third-party battery for $11.25, which
is far cheaper than anything else I've seen. I'm just wondering if it's
any
good, and if anyone has experience with ultra-cheap batteries like this.
Here's the page:
http://www.bestbatt.com/Panasonic_CG.../bbs006-01.htm

Glenn

At that price, buy two.

Old October 19th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Vic Dura

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:15:44 GMT, "Glenn Alcott"
wrote Re Cheap batteries for Lumix DMC-FZ7:

I have a Lumix DMC-FZ7 and have been shopping around for a spare battery. At
a site called bestbatt.com I found a third-party battery for $11.25, which
is far cheaper than anything else I've seen. I'm just wondering if it's any
good, and if anyone has experience with ultra-cheap batteries like this.
Here's the page:
http://www.bestbatt.com/Panasonic_CG.../bbs006-01.htm

It's hard to tell. The only way is to try it. My guess is that it is
pretty good. I don't think there are a lot of battery manufacturers
out there so most of the off-brand batteries are probably made by
major manufacturers.

Those are good prices, but the shipping is high. If you select 2 of
the above the total with shipping is $30. At the battery barn
http://www.batterybarn.com/ the price is $13/each with free shipping;
and Battery Barn looks more established and reliable at
http://www.resellerratings.com/

--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.
Old October 19th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
kas

Glenn Alcott wrote:
I have a Lumix DMC-FZ7 and have been shopping around for a spare battery. At
a site called bestbatt.com I found a third-party battery for $11.25, which
is far cheaper than anything else I've seen. I'm just wondering if it's any
good, and if anyone has experience with ultra-cheap batteries like this.
Here's the page:
http://www.bestbatt.com/Panasonic_CG.../bbs006-01.htm

Glenn

Take a look at www.fargo-ent.com. I used to buy all my film camera
batteries there. They, including shipping, were about half the price I
would pay for batteries alone.

Old October 19th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sally

Are camera batteries subject to the same explosion problem as laptop batteries?
Old October 19th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JohnR66

"Glenn Alcott" wrote in message
I have a Lumix DMC-FZ7 and have been shopping around for a spare battery.
At
a site called bestbatt.com I found a third-party battery for $11.25, which
is far cheaper than anything else I've seen. I'm just wondering if it's
any
good, and if anyone has experience with ultra-cheap batteries like this.
Here's the page:
http://www.bestbatt.com/Panasonic_CG.../bbs006-01.htm

Glenn

I bought an lithium NP-80 Li-ion battery off of ebay for $7 and $6 to ship.
It worked fine, but I could tell it did not have the same power as the OEM.
I sold the camera shortly after getting that battery so I don't know how
long it lasted after several charges.

A year before that, I bought a $37 battery from B&H. It too was not as good
as the OEM and was useless in a year.

On vacation and out shooting, I got the battery warning, changed batteries
shot more and that battery ran out. It was the point I swore off Li-ion
batteries.

Too expensive for OEM performance
Degrades in performance after a year or so.
Married to a charger.
proprietary

I got an A610 and can get 400 shoots on alkalines.
John