What's the problem?

Old May 4th 17, 05:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default What's the problem?

On 2017-05-04 15:56:57 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

This photo was taken last night on my Nikon D300 using Ch continuous.
Captured on a compact flash card.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv51k2snum...03-40.dng?dl=0

Just one of the sequence, and just one of all exposures, has this
problem. Same thing happened before shooting another game.

No loss to me as it wasn't an image I'd use, and other captures are
fine.

I'm wondering, though, if the problem is a compact flash card about to
go or a in-camera problem.

What is the CF card rating, and brand?

How many shots are in each of the sequences with a corrupt file, and
how many in clean sequences?

How old is the CF file?

Where in the sequence is the corrupted file; start, middle, or end?

I suspect that buffer isn't clearing and writing to the CF card fast
enough. It could be the card, it could be the buffer, but my money is
on the card. I would conduct an experiment to see if the problem is
repeatable. Shoot several 2-3 second Ch bursts or until the buffer
stalls, and check.

I would be most suspicious of the CF card and the time might have come
to retire it.

Savageduck

Old May 4th 17, 05:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-04 15:56:57 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

This photo was taken last night on my Nikon D300 using Ch continuous.
Captured on a compact flash card.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv51k2snum...03-40.dng?dl=0

Just one of the sequence, and just one of all exposures, has this
problem. Same thing happened before shooting another game.

No loss to me as it wasn't an image I'd use, and other captures are
fine.

I'm wondering, though, if the problem is a compact flash card about to
go or a in-camera problem.

What is the CF card rating, and brand?

How many shots are in each of the sequences with a corrupt file, and
how many in clean sequences?

How old is the CF file?

....er, how old is the CF card?