Processing

Old October 12th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default Processing

Just picked up some film from the lab yesterday. I was a
bit surprised to find them now charging $3.95 a sheet
for 4x5 E6. Sigh.

Old October 12th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

On 10/12/2007 11:47 AM spake thus:

Just picked up some film from the lab yesterday. I was a
bit surprised to find them now charging $3.95 a sheet
for 4x5 E6. Sigh.

Some context, please: where?
Old October 13th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Ken Hart

wrote in message ...
Just picked up some film from the lab yesterday. I was a
bit surprised to find them now charging $3.95 a sheet
for 4x5 E6. Sigh.

How much would it cost to develope it yourself?

Old October 13th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Howard Lester

wrote

Just picked up some film from the lab yesterday. I was a
bit surprised to find them now charging $3.95 a sheet
for 4x5 E6. Sigh.

Here in Tucson, AZ it's still $1.80 a sheet for 4x5 E6.

Old October 13th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Nicholas O. Lindan

Just picked up some film from the lab yesterday. I was a
bit surprised to find them now charging $3.95 a sheet
for 4x5 E6. Sigh.

There goes the idea of taking a cross-country trip with a
Speed Graphic for a snapshot camera. Figure I normally
use up 6 rolls of Kodachrome - that translates into

200 x $3.95 = $790 ...

What are they processing E6 in nowdays, gasoline?

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm

Old October 14th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message

Just picked up some film from the lab yesterday. I was a
bit surprised to find them now charging $3.95 a sheet
for 4x5 E6. Sigh.

There goes the idea of taking a cross-country trip with a
Speed Graphic for a snapshot camera. Figure I normally
use up 6 rolls of Kodachrome - that translates into

200 x $3.95 = $790 ...

What are they processing E6 in nowdays, gasoline?

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm
n o lindan at ix dot netcom dot com

Did you really mean Kodachrome? Kodachrome is not
E-6.
Both negative and positive color are quite practical
for home processing but I don't know the cost per roll or
sheet and its very useful to have a partially automated
machine like the Jobo processors.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old October 14th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Jean-David Beyer

Richard Knoppow wrote:
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message

Just picked up some film from the lab yesterday. I was a
bit surprised to find them now charging $3.95 a sheet
for 4x5 E6. Sigh.

There goes the idea of taking a cross-country trip with a
Speed Graphic for a snapshot camera. Figure I normally
use up 6 rolls of Kodachrome - that translates into

200 x $3.95 = $790 ...

What are they processing E6 in nowdays, gasoline?

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm
n o lindan at ix dot netcom dot com

Did you really mean Kodachrome? Kodachrome is not
E-6.

I doubt it. They have not make Kodachrome in 4"x5" size in a long time. I
have never seen it, though I have seen reproductions of some 8"x10"
Kodachromes shot by Edward Weston.

Both negative and positive color are quite practical
for home processing but I don't know the cost per roll or
sheet and its very useful to have a partially automated
machine like the Jobo processors.

^^-^^ 18:50:01 up 8 days, 2:26, 4 users, load average: 5.32, 5.32, 5.23
Old October 15th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Michael Benveniste

"David Nebenzahl" wrote:

Some context, please: where?

$3.50 for an E6 4x5 here North of Boston. +50% for a 1
stop push.

--
Michael Benveniste --

Old October 15th 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

"Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
Richard Knoppow wrote:
[...]

AFAIK Kodak discontinued Kodachrome in sheet film sizes
when Ektachrome was introduced about 1948. Before that
Kodachrome was available in sheets up to 11x14! These are
still listed in the 1947 edition of the color film booklet
included in the _Kodak Reference Handbook_.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old October 15th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Chris Savage

On 2007-10-14, Richard Knoppow wrote:

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message

Just picked up some film from the lab yesterday. I was a
bit surprised to find them now charging $3.95 a sheet
for 4x5 E6. Sigh.

There goes the idea of taking a cross-country trip with a
Speed Graphic for a snapshot camera. Figure I normally
use up 6 rolls of Kodachrome - that translates into

200 x $3.95 = $790 ...

What are they processing E6 in nowdays, gasoline?

Did you really mean Kodachrome? Kodachrome is not
E-6.

No, he really meant E6. He said he would previously have shot 6 rolls of
Kodachrome on a trip and was speculating on the cost of the same number
of shots on 5x4 E6 sheets having just had his lab develop 5x4 E6 sheets.

--
Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?

120/220 Processing Nervous5150 Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 March 31st 07 11:53 PM
RA4 processing Richard J Brawn In The Darkroom 3 February 12th 07 10:18 PM
Post-Processing RAW vs Post-Processing TIFF Mike Henley Digital Photography 54 January 30th 05 08:26 AM
E6 Processing Mike In The Darkroom 68 December 8th 04 05:14 AM
K14 Processing Joe Thomas Film & Labs 1 December 17th 03 10:04 PM