Canon EOS 10D Sync to strobes problem...

Old July 23rd 04, 12:11 PM
Canongirly

Default Canon EOS 10D Sync to strobes problem...

What lens are you using? The Err99 is usually associated with a lens
problem. Does the lens work when you aren't trying to fire strobes?

Does the body fire the strobes without a lens on it?
Old July 23rd 04, 12:11 PM
Canongirly

Old July 23rd 04, 12:38 PM
Five

In article 97bff9e8.0407222050.140674c5
@posting.google.com, says...
The company I work for purchased a Canon EOS 10 D to replace a broken
Kodak DCS 330. I'm having no luck getting my studio strobes to fire
when connected via the 10D's PC terminal. The shutter snaps, the
strobes DON'T fire, the top LCD panel gives an "Err 99" error message,
and no image is stored. I checked the manual and there is a point
about the PC terminal being center postive and some flash units not
having the same polarity, a polarity conversion cord being a possible
solution. Currently, I have in my posession a Nikon AS-15 Sync
terminal adapter (hot shoe-PC), a NIKON AS-E900 ACCESSORIE SHOE. My
strobes are hooked into a Norman P2000D Studio Strobe Power Pack
P2000-D. I'm pretty new to pro photo so any help is immensely
appreciated.

I believe that your problem is the NIKON hot shoe
adapter. Nikon uses different sync connections on
it's hot shoe than does canon.

You don't need the hot shoe adapter as your camera has
provision for sync built into it's own pc terminal on
the side of the camera under the round rubber piece.

You are shorting the camera out with the nikon
adapter, and disabling the pc plug by having it on
there.
Remove anything on the Canon hotshoe, and use the
Canon pc connection and all will be fine.
Get rid of the Nikon crap.

--
www.fiveminutesoffame.com
Get your five minutes of FAME