Any cameras with these features?

Old December 7th 05, 07:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Any cameras with these features?

Currently have an olympus stylus 400 and have come across several
things I would like to have in my next camera. From what I've seen on
the market all of these features are not yet available, or are not all
of them are available in one camera. Looks like I'll be holding on to
the sylus a while longer while I wait for some of this stuff to mature
a bit.

-Inet

* comes with ac adapter
* large Lcd
* variable shutter timer
* variable iso speed
* bluetooth file transfer to pc
* Ir remote (seen some olympus models with this feature)
* dc into camera actually charges the battery
* two AA nimh cells would be nice instead of a proprietary battery
* movies/sound for limit of memory card
* accepts CF & sd memory cards
* small form factor

Old December 7th 05, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 6 Dec 2005 23:52:29 -0800, inetquestion wrote:
Currently have an olympus stylus 400 and have come across several
things I would like to have in my next camera. From what I've seen on
the market all of these features are not yet available, or are not all
of them are available in one camera. Looks like I'll be holding on to
the sylus a while longer while I wait for some of this stuff to mature
a bit.

-Inet

* comes with ac adapter
* large Lcd
* variable shutter timer
* variable iso speed
* bluetooth file transfer to pc

There are a few cameras that have WiFi; the Nikon P2 comes to mind; I
think there's one or two Kodak models as well. I don't think I've seen
any with BlueTooth.

-dms
Old December 7th 05, 02:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

inetquestion wrote:
[...]

You forgot cellphone and built-in portable microwave...

Old December 7th 05, 03:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"inetquestion" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Strange set of requirements.

None of them seem to have anything whatsoever to do with the camera's
ability to produce reasonable quality photographs.

Buy a video cellphone!

Roy G

Old December 7th 05, 03:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

that was implied. I assumed you would understand that much before
exposing your brilliance. seems I was wrong...

Old December 7th 05, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

And when your camera breaks and cost to repair is to great you will
compromise your list.

Old December 7th 05, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"inetquestion" wrote in message
oups.com...
that was implied. I assumed you would understand that much before
exposing your brilliance. seems I was wrong...

Ask a stupid question!!!!!!

Old December 7th 05, 06:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

inetquestion wrote:
that was implied. I assumed you would understand that much before
exposing your brilliance. seems I was wrong...

No, it wasnt implied. You seem to be the type who'd be happy
with a cellphone camera. Bluetooth?! Do you realize how long
it wouldl take to transfer even a small number of large image
files via Bluetooth?!
Old December 8th 05, 10:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

* Ir remote (seen some olympus models with this feature)
My first (and still current) digital had this feature and I have found it so
useful that it will always be on my list of near-essential features for any
future purchase. I wonder how common it is? Surely it's not only Oly who
offer this feature?

I guess it could be a matter of what you've never had you don't miss - or
maybe I'm just too vane, wanting to be in some of my own photos.

The others on the OP's list I would classify as "nice to have" (although
poprietary batteries might put me off a camera).

Keith

Old December 8th 05, 08:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"inetquestion" writes:

* dc into camera actually charges the battery
* two AA nimh cells would be nice instead of a proprietary battery

These two features are pretty much mutually exclusive. Cameras that
take standard AA cells don't charge them, because you could be using
alkalines instead of NiMH, and charging alkalines is likely to result in
leaking batteries. Only some cameras that use proprietary battery packs
have chargers in the camera.

Dave