Stolen Contax G1 System

Old December 28th 03, 03:28 AM
G&B Bonnin

Default Stolen Contax G1 System

The following Contax G1 System items were stolen. Please let me know if you
come across them. Also, where else can I post this?

G1 Body SN 025199
Biogon 28mm/2.8 lens SN 7531522
Planar 45mm/2.0 lens SN 7647291
Sonnar 90mm/2.8 lens SN 7685251
TLA-140 Flash SN 4z6304

Thanks for any help - Geoff

Old December 28th 03, 05:18 AM
?

Would help some if we knew where they were stolen? Mabey on safari in
Africa?
You can also list the items on the stolen registry on photo.net.

Old December 28th 03, 05:53 PM
G&B Bonnin

Stolen from luggage at either Dulles or LAX airports in the U.S. - Geoff

On 12/27/03 11:05 PM, in article , "garry
parker" wrote:

What area/location?

Old December 29th 03, 12:13 AM
William Graham

"G&B Bonnin" wrote in message
Stolen from luggage at either Dulles or LAX airports in the U.S. - Geoff

Humph! - Tells me something about the new airport "security"
rules....."Leave your luggage unlocked for easier inspection", they
say....Yeah, right!

Old December 29th 03, 01:52 AM
Don Coon

"William Graham" wrote in message

"G&B Bonnin" wrote in message
Stolen from luggage at either Dulles or LAX airports in the U.S. - Geoff

Humph! - Tells me something about the new airport "security"
rules....."Leave your luggage unlocked for easier inspection", they
say....Yeah, right!

Easy solution: carry on.

Old December 29th 03, 07:11 PM
leicaddict

"G&B Bonnin" wrote in message
Stolen from luggage at either Dulles or LAX airports in the U.S. - Geoff

Humph! - Tells me something about the new airport "security"
rules....."Leave your luggage unlocked for easier inspection", they
say....Yeah, right!

Really sorry to hear about your loss.
Easy solution: carry on.Ther have already been several scndals

involving airport security personal and thivery.There are a numberof
reasons why carryon seems to makes the most sense. I was lucky to find
a great piece of wheeled lugage from REI. Since the camera systems I
enjoy traveling with include either a LeicaM6 or a Nikon F100 with
several primes. The LowePro Photo Runner makes a aGreat travel Camera
Bag, especially for a small sytem like the Contax G1/G2.Another great
travel bag for a small system is the M-Classics Bag.
If I use the LowePro Photo Runner, I also take a small day pack. Yhe
M-Classics bag has enough room for a Leica M6 and 50mm and 90mm
lenses, small flash, film, tabletop tripod., etc. With plen5y of room
left over for Maps, phase book, etc.
To me a good travl carryon stragegy can really in hence the travel
rxperience.
Old January 2nd 04, 12:36 AM
Arthur Rituz

"G&B Bonnin" wrote in message
Stolen from luggage at either Dulles or LAX airports in the U.S. - Geoff

On 12/27/03 11:05 PM, in article , "garry
parker" wrote:

What area/location?

"G&B Bonnin" wrote in message
The following Contax G1 System items were stolen. Please let me know

if
you
come across them. Also, where else can I post this?

G1 Body SN 025199
Biogon 28mm/2.8 lens SN 7531522
Planar 45mm/2.0 lens SN 7647291
Sonnar 90mm/2.8 lens SN 7685251
TLA-140 Flash SN 4z6304

Thanks for any help - Geoff

Surely your travel insurance and/or the airline involved, would be
responsible for replacing/compensating for the stolen items??

Old January 2nd 04, 03:38 AM
?

"Arthur Rituz" wrote in message

"G&B Bonnin" wrote in message
Stolen from luggage at either Dulles or LAX airports in the U.S. - Geoff

Surely your travel insurance and/or the airline involved, would be
responsible for replacing/compensating for the stolen items??

It wouldn't be the airline, but more than likely the baggage handlers behind
the scenes at the Air Terminal who did the stealing.
This is not that uncommon, and placing equipment of that caliber in checked
bagage is just asking for it to be stolen.
And try and collect from them since he is not able to say which place did
the dastardly deed.