Boy, this one is gonna cost!

Old April 27th 05, 03:21 AM
RichA

Default Boy, this one is gonna cost!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/pentax_645D.jpg
Old April 27th 05, 04:00 AM
Alan Browne

RichA wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/pentax_645D.jpg

(though I smell a rat, proportion of lens to shoe looks wrong ... among
other things.).

I see your 645 ...

http://www.mamiya.com/assets/cameras/zd_zoom.jpg

and I'll raise you:

http://www.mamiya.com/assets/cameras/rz_zoom.jpg

....ya gotta know when to hold em,
know when to fold em,
....when to develop C-41,
when to shoot digi-tal...

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old April 27th 05, 06:12 AM
Chrlz

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/05...645digital.asp

Old April 27th 05, 07:32 AM
paul

Chrlz wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/05...645digital.asp

"*Design, specifications and product name are subject to change without
notice. Official launch date and pricing to be announced."

18.6MP is not much more MP than the 16.7MP $8k Canon. A tiny bit more
around the edges.
Old April 27th 05, 07:40 AM
Stacey

paul wrote:

Chrlz wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/05...645digital.asp

"*Design, specifications and product name are subject to change without
notice. Official launch date and pricing to be announced."

18.6MP is not much more MP than the 16.7MP $8k Canon. A tiny bit more
around the edges.

Yep and a 8MP P&S is not -any- more MP than a 20D..
--

Stacey
Old April 27th 05, 07:55 AM
paul

Stacey wrote:

paul wrote:

Chrlz wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/05...645digital.asp

"*Design, specifications and product name are subject to change without
notice. Official launch date and pricing to be announced."

18.6MP is not much more MP than the 16.7MP $8k Canon. A tiny bit more
around the edges.

Yep and a 8MP P&S is not -any- more MP than a 20D..

That will be cool if this thing takes advantage of the large size! ISO
25 through ISO 12,800 super-low noise, etc!
Old April 27th 05, 08:14 AM
RichA

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:00:57 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

RichA wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/pentax_645D.jpg

(though I smell a rat, proportion of lens to shoe looks wrong ... among
other things.).

I see your 645 ...

http://www.mamiya.com/assets/cameras/zd_zoom.jpg

and I'll raise you:

http://www.mamiya.com/assets/cameras/rz_zoom.jpg

...ya gotta know when to hold em,
know when to fold em,
...when to develop C-41,
when to shoot digi-tal...

Cheers,
Alan

Here's one; 54,000,000 pixels.

http://www.itl.arizona.edu/Education...inks/7kx9k.jpg
Old April 27th 05, 09:50 AM
Siddhartha Jain

RichA wrote:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/pentax_645D.jpg

Yuk!! Wouldn't want to be photographed with that thing even after I am
dead.

Old April 27th 05, 01:07 PM
Darrell

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
RichA wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/pentax_645D.jpg

(though I smell a rat, proportion of lens to shoe looks wrong ... among
other things.).

This is one of three mock-ups that Pentax showed at the recent announcement.

Old April 27th 05, 01:11 PM
Darrell

"paul" wrote in message
Chrlz wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/05...645digital.asp

"*Design, specifications and product name are subject to change without
notice. Official launch date and pricing to be announced."

18.6MP is not much more MP than the 16.7MP $8k Canon. A tiny bit more
around the edges.

It's not just about pixel count, the sensor is bigger than 24x36.