Boy, does Canon build 'em cheap!

Old February 18th 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default Boy, does Canon build 'em cheap!

On Feb 18, 10:25 am, Robert Coe wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:34:52 -0800 (PST), RichA wrote:

: On Feb 17, 4:11 pm, Robert Coe wrote:
: On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:57:23 -0800 (PST), RichA wrote:
:
: : As substantive as a rice cake.
:
: Right you are. Rice cakes are very stiff, with a high strength-to-weight
: ratio. Much like the light, strong plastic bodies of many Canon cameras.
: I'm surprised you noticed. Maybe there's hope for you yet.
:
: Bob
:
: Do rice cakes squeek and creak when you apply any pressure to grip
: them? I know a rice cake is easier to hold than a Rebel.

That may be true if, say, you have two left hands. But my wife and I (who are
not thus afflicted) have no trouble at all holding onto our XTi's.

Bob

I wouldn't have a problem either, if I were a circus midget.
Old February 18th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:18:22 -0500, "rwalker" wrote:
:
: "Robert Coe" wrote in message
: ...
:
: snip
:
: That may be true if, say, you have two left hands. But my wife and I
: (who are not thus afflicted) have no trouble at all holding onto our
: XTi's.
:
: Bob
:
: This RichA person seems to have trouble holding on to reality and sanity.

He's the newsgroup's resident clown. If he didn't exist, we might have had to
invent him.

Bob

Old February 19th 08, 01:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bryan Olson

RichA wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/franklin/300d_autopsy

Cool. Looks well-made and well-engineered to me.

Do rice cakes squeek and creak when you apply any pressure to grip
them? I know a rice cake is easier to hold than a Rebel.

Modern plastic bodies have proven quite durable. They're
easier to carry than metal bodies, and of course the pictures
come out the same either way.

What went wrong with that camera had nothing to do with the
plastic body.

I'm not convinced that the camera had to be scrapped. Once
it's taken apart, one might un-bend the pins well enough to
permanently mount a large CF card.

--
--Bryan
Old February 21st 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:56:59 -0800 (PST), RichA wrote:
: On Feb 18, 5:29 pm, Robert Coe wrote:
: On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:18:22 -0500, "rwalker" wrote:
:
: :
: : "Robert Coe" wrote in message
: .. .
: :
: : snip
: :
: : That may be true if, say, you have two left hands. But my wife and I
: : (who are not thus afflicted) have no trouble at all holding onto our
: : XTi's.
: :
: : Bob
: :
: : This RichA person seems to have trouble holding on to reality and sanity.
:
: He's the newsgroup's resident clown. If he didn't exist, we might have had to
: invent him.
:
: Bob
:
:
: Canon owner.

Admitted to. Nikon owner in the film days, also admitted to.

I also own a Kia automobile, a Dell computer, a Mitsubishi TV, an LG cell
phone, and a Bach trumpet. Your point is … ??

Bob
Old February 21st 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Robert Coe wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:56:59 -0800 (PST), RichA wrote:

: Canon owner.

Admitted to. Nikon owner in the film days, also admitted to.

I also own a Kia automobile, a Dell computer, a Mitsubishi TV, an LG cell
phone, and a Bach trumpet. Your point is … ??

His point is that he has no arguments[1], and thus resorts to
incompetent character assassination.

But don't fret it, his brain's made out of plastic, and you know
how bad _that_ is. (Or ask Richie about the evils of plastic!)

-Wolfgang

[1] not even the (completely invalid) ones he usually drags
in from the next galaxy.