Bower flashes

Old February 16th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Zilla[_2_]

Default Bower flashes

I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for".

However, I was just wondering about the quality of Bower flashes
(for Pentax in my case). Are then functionality-wise "on par" with
a Pentax flash? It's safe to assume that quality may be below par?

-Zilla

Old February 16th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Steve[_12_]

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:53:43 -0500, "Zilla"
wrote:

I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for".

However, I was just wondering about the quality of Bower flashes
(for Pentax in my case). Are then functionality-wise "on par" with
a Pentax flash? It's safe to assume that quality may be below par?

I don't know much about the quality of Pentax flashes, but Bower makes
a large line of different flashes that probably vary in quality along
the line. I have a Bower SFD328 that I use as a slave flash,
triggered by the horribly small and weak flash built in to my Canon
S400 compact. It works surprisingly well, especially considering the
price.

Steve