Bracketing?

Old August 6th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Iceberg Concept, Inc.

Default Bracketing?

I want to bracket the exposure of some pictures I'm taking with my D-70.

However...when I use the BKT Set and BKT Order in the Custom Menu I get only
one image when I take the picture. I would expect that "bracketing" means
that I would get three (3) ...one under, one right on, and one over.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Old August 6th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
dylan

On my canon you have to take 3 shots to capture -/0/+, is the nikon the
same ?.
I know some other cameras do take 3 shots automatically but not all.

Old August 6th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
G.T.

dylan wrote:
On my canon you have to take 3 shots to capture -/0/+, is the nikon the
same ?.
I know some other cameras do take 3 shots automatically but not all.

I'm glad I read this because I would have been confused if I had ever
used the bracketing function on my Rebel XT. I probably would have set
it and forgot and then had the 2nd and 3rd shots of other things.
Generally I just change exposure compensation, or I'm in manual, and
shoot another picture, 2 different exposures is usually enough.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old August 6th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Iceberg Concept, Inc. wrote:
I want to bracket the exposure of some pictures I'm taking with my D-70.

However...when I use the BKT Set and BKT Order in the Custom Menu I get only
one image when I take the picture. I would expect that "bracketing" means
that I would get three (3) ...one under, one right on, and one over.

If it's like the D-50 you need three shutter releases and there is an
indicator on the lcd panel that tells you which of the bracket shots
you have shot.

Old August 7th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Iceberg Concept, Inc. wrote:
I want to bracket the exposure of some pictures I'm taking with my D-70.

However...when I use the BKT Set and BKT Order in the Custom Menu I get only
one image when I take the picture. I would expect that "bracketing" means
that I would get three (3) ...one under, one right on, and one over.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

My experience is with the D2H and D2X is that you need to take each of
the three shots.
It doesn't fire a burst of three. YOU need to depress the shutter three
times for a bracket of three.
Keep in mind that if you do two later on the next image will also be a
different exposure.
In short, don't forget to turn off bracketing when you're done or you
will wonder what's gone wrong.

Don Harper
The Edge Photography Studio
Leesburg, Va. 20176