newbie

Old October 30th 04, 08:28 PM
Tobyruffles

Default newbie

HI All
I have just bought my first dig camera, a Fuji f610.
Now the questions
1 Did I buy the right camera
2 Is the software that came with the camera the best to use or should I use
something else
3 Are there any online sights that will teach me how to get the best from
digital photography.

Thanks in advance
Allan

Old October 30th 04, 08:38 PM
kate

"Tobyruffles" schreef in bericht
HI All
I have just bought my first dig camera, a Fuji f610.
Now the questions
1 Did I buy the right camera

Er, it's a bit late for that now

2 Is the software that came with the camera the best to use or should I

use
something else

Depends on what you want to do. For editting pictures I prefer Paint shop
pro and Adobe Photoshop

3 Are there any online sights that will teach me how to get the best from
digital photography.

Try www.google.com and search on digital photography tutorial, or lessons,
or tips, I'm sure you'll get results.

Thanks in advance
Allan

Old October 30th 04, 09:31 PM
GT40

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:28:56 GMT, "Tobyruffles"
wrote:

HI All
I have just bought my first dig camera, a Fuji f610.
Now the questions
1 Did I buy the right camera

Depends on what you want to use it for

2 Is the software that came with the camera the best to use or should I use
something else

What software came with it? There is always better software, such as
Adobe Photoshop, but you may not need something like it.

Old October 30th 04, 10:21 PM
RacerX

1 Did I buy the right camera

Apparently you did, something about this camera made you buy it so i would
say yes you made a good choice.

2 Is the software that came with the camera the best to use or should I
use
something else

There are always better programs, try ACDSEE trial
http://www.acdsystems.com/english/Pr...LAN=englishX70
its a great basic program for transfering and a little bit of editing and i
think its the best at viewing.

3 Are there any online sights that will teach me how to get the best from
digital photography.

All the major ones ie... www.pbase.com and www.photo.net will teach you
alot but i prefer smaller ones for learning they are more personal my fav is
http://www.photo-sense.co.uk/sense/news.php .

Good Luck

Racer

Old October 30th 04, 10:56 PM
Alan Meyer

"Tobyruffles" wrote in message
HI All
I have just bought my first dig camera, a Fuji f610.
Now the questions
1 Did I buy the right camera

Sure! Any modern camera will provide good results if
you learn to use it.

2 Is the software that came with the camera the best to use or should I use
something else

You didn't tell us what came with the camera.

If you want to view photos, Irfanview is a superb free Windows viewer.
If you want to edit them, the GIMP is a superb free editor.

Search Google for them and you'll find them.

Old October 31st 04, 10:49 AM
Tobyruffles

Thanks for all your help, I'll start ploughing through your tips!
Allan

HELP Newbie Mustek GSmart D35 Phil Digital Photography 0 October 7th 04 06:09 PM
newbie questions about compatibility of digital photo software Tom Gordon Digital Photography 12 September 22nd 04 10:10 PM
Newbie question (need advice!) GameFan72 Digital Photography 18 September 11th 04 01:03 AM
Newbie Born Loser Digital Photography 22 August 23rd 04 08:41 PM
Help a newbie out please Armand Other Photographic Equipment 2 October 20th 03 12:12 AM